𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE
[1]

edited: 10.1.23

❥ One of the worst things in Kira's opinion was horror movies based on true stories.

Yeah, a lot of good movies were developed from true trauma—but how many horror films are ten times scarier because they're true? All of them.

Stab. That was her least favorite movie and franchise in general. Why? Because not only was it all based on a massacre in her hometown, but several of them.

What scared her most was that her mother lived through all of them. Truth be told, her mother seemed to be sort of invisible to any sort of popular being or killer but just the idea that her mother could've been a victim shook her to her core.

"Are you serious? Stab 7 was amazing. It's the eighth one they fucked up." Amber's words brought Kira out of her thoughts.

The girl looked at the brunette sitting on the picnic table. She always had some opinions about horror movies.

"You're too caught up on Stab to enjoy anything else." Mindy rolled her eyes and looked at Kira. "What do you think?"

"Huh?" Kira asked, tearing her eyes away from Amber to look at Mindy. She wanted to remain focused but Mindy was sitting next to Chad. That boy was something else. Hot, sweet, caring, athletic.. taken. His arm resting on Liv's thigh gave Kira a nauseous feeling.

"Hello?" Mindy laughed, snapping her fingers in front of Kira.

"Oh uh- I just... I'm not a huge fan of Stab." Kira explained, forcing herself to look away from Chad and Liv.

"Yeah, but there are other good ones too." Mindy nodded in approval and glanced around. "God, this place is packed with police. Anyone heard about Tara?"

Kira looked over to Wes. Her brother had always had the biggest crush on Tara so it was no surprise he was the first to check his phone.

His blue eyes lit up as he read a message before looking at everyone else. "She just texted. She's awake. I'm gonna go see her." he stood and put his backpack on his shoulder.

"Are you sure Mom will let us miss school?" Kira asked, standing up as she grabbed her backpack as well.

She looked over to her mother who was talking with another cop, seemingly excited to be needed on the field. She was always so protective.

"Ki, our friend just got stabbed multiple times and almost died. I think she will let us have a day off." Wes said honestly and smiled at her. "You guys coming?" he looked at the others.

Everyone practically stood with their things except for Liv. "I uh, I can't. But I'll catch you guys later?" the girl asked.

"Yeah, sure. See you later, babe." Chad leaned down and pecked her lips before walking off to his car. He was the only one with a car big enough for everyone to fit in.

Kira watched Chad and Liv before looking away silently. She was truly happy that her friends had found love within one another.. she just wasn't too happy that Chad didn't find love with her.

Then again, Kira wasn't the outgoing and flirty type like Liv.

"I call shotgun!" Mindy yelled, running to the car and flinging the passenger door open before getting in. Everyone pretty much got in the back and settled easily.

"You squished back there, Ki?" Chad asked after getting into the car and seeing Kira in the middle between Amber and Wes, pretty squished.

Kira looked up and smiled a little at him through the rearview mirror. "Oh, no. I'm okay. It's not that long of a drive anyways."