Trouble in the castle

valentina's pov~

I feel like thousand hammers are continuously getting beaten on my head ,then suddenly i feel a rush of waterfll it comes and wipes away the hotness ,the redness that the ugly pain was causing in my head pulling my veins ,making my muscles relax and I open my eyes ,the room was still dark ,there was a very sweet warmth of the morning spread across the room ,the whole room was covered with white curtains ,and the room was well furnished .

As the lights were off ,i was only able to make out the rough details of the interior of the room on the basis of the bluish -whitish aura of the ''4-6''am morning time.

It made me know that ,it was still early morning.

I get up and look out of the window that was just at a distance away from my bed ,i have never felt this much calm in my life ,my hands felt more soft ,fragile and had this weird tingling sensation ,and somehow i was able to feel every single fibre in my body and this feeling was euphoric ,my mind was calm .

I looked out of the window making all the calmness wipe away and panic surge in my chest like a hurricane ,building from the centre ,reaching up my throat ,sucking my heart up under it's pressure making my heart bounce up in my throat,and fall back into the pit of my stomach.

Where am I ?

The voice in my brain screamed at me ,making me gulp and roam my eyes around the room ,trying to get my eyes adjusted to the unfamiliar vibes this room exhibits besides the peace.

I contemplate for a few seconds and then make a run for the door.

Holding the ancient -designed knob ,i twist it but dont open it.

A lump forms at the center of my throat ,in the doubt and fear of what can be out there .

My inner voices ,which i usually label as the demon and the angel start to fight in my head.

The irony is ,i still ,am not sure about who is the demon and who is the angel ,i just go with any one of the two decisions that these voices present in front of me ,if the step that i take goes right ,i say it's the angel's decision ,if it goes wrong ,then i say it's the demon in my head ,she made me do it ,but than the ''all is well quote''that says''everything happens for good'' screws up my sanity and makes me question ,whether i listened to my angel and she accidentally got wrong ,but still at the end i stayed unharmed and all well ,maybe i always listen to my angel ,may be the demon ,it always screws my sanity up really bad ,making me grit my head and scratch anything that is close to me ,anything that gives me relief,anything.

So the voices tried to say ,more like shout ,'go out and search for the escape ,and run '

I wonder whether this was the angel or the demon ,

'No,that man from the night! he must have brought you here , you should go and thank him first and inform him about your departure ,it's rude to just run away simply like that.''

''Fuck everything valentina ,you are new to this world ,it has a king's rule ,any mistake may lead you to the loss of your head or tongue ,reach your home ,at this time ,the man you call your bastard father is your only hope unfortunately ,your safest haven ,inspite of being courteous ,think about your life ,you may get yourself into trouble and god knows what will happen to you ,so run!''

I decided to go with this one voice , I do prefer meeting the person who saved me and thank him ,but again ,the place is strange ! so in between manners and precious life ,i chose what any sane person would chose ,and that was 'precious life'

I opened the door ,to see no one outside .

The corrridor was long ,almost non-ending ,exhibiting the cool vibes of a castle.