• ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴏ •

" C'mon, over here!! "

They run towards the temple, holding off some enemies in the process. They can't slack off now. Humans were at the brink of extinction. They've arrived at the entrance. Asta, who was about to storm in, jerked up at someone suddenly holding his hand. It was Mirage. He had a distraught expression. He was breathing heavily.

" A-Asta... t-the kids... " He muttered. Asta had a moment of clarity. No, it can't be. He thought.

" They're dead. " Mirage stated. He slowly looked down, trying to fight back tears. His pure white hair that was just glowing, faded. Asta didn't even look at his comrades. He was shocked. He lost them. All of his beloved juniors are all gone. Mirage took a quick second to look at Asta's face. His eyes are darkened. Full of hopelessness, and calmed. Asta knew that this would happened. It didn't help that it did. His nightmares came through. After a few seconds, Asta finally looked at Liebe. He bit his lip.

" They served well... " Asta gulped. " Let's move on. " Mirage, Liebe, Lumiere, and Secre all nodded. They finally entered the temple.

They ran through a dark hallway, before getting electrocuted by a well set trap. Only Lumiere and Asta got hit. Liebe extended his arms to protect the other two. They're already in the ritual room without realising it. In front of them is Petra, the oh, so innocent empress. She looked like she had been waiting. Waiting for her sacrifice and all.

" Never thought that all of you would be here. " Petra sighed. " I literally thought that you're dead. Guess not. I was going to actually sleep here and, maybe watch some of you suffer~ " Liebe gritted his teeth. This narcissistic women act like she was unstoppable. He's going to make sure to shut that filthy mouth of hers. Secre broke the seal using her magic. She was annoyed and worried. She didn't expect The Empress of the Heavens to be like this.

Asta struggled to sit up, the trap had a great impact. Not surprising considering it was from a divine mana. Mirage reached out towards the two allies. He put both hands on both and healed them.

" It stings more then it should... " Lumiere muttered.

" You're human, anything stronger than average is all non-human to you. " Asta stated coldly. Lumiere perked up. He looks a little desperate. He thought. It had been the first time he saw Asta in a bad mood. Until this moment, Asta had been nothing but nice to him. It was quite serene. He clearly understood the situation, but he couldn't help but be surprised.

" Hmmm~ You brought a human, Asta? Have you gone crazy? You clearly had no options whatsoever. Oh how I would reward you with such strong armies if you turn back to us. But that can't be adjusted. It's not surprising for a disgrace like you to recruit a human. " Petra chuckled.

" Is she always like this? " Secre asked in concerned.

" Yeah. " Liebe cracked his knuckles. He summoned his swords. It came out like a pull from a stab wound. " This arrogant bitch hasn't taken any responsibilities yet. She just sits back and yell at pthers because they're not doing her work. Don't worry, were going to shove that reality check inside her ass. " He grinned.