Chapter 55

Dawood

The elevator door slid open, and I stepped into the foyer of my penthouse. My meeting got canceled when the client got into some last-minute emergency. Altan stood at the entrance of the living room and saluted me. I nodded in reply and walked past him into the living room.

A grave silence covered the living room, and the atmosphere was tense. I stiffened when I spotted my brother-in-law, Mohammed Al Jahaan, the
Crown Prince of Azmaayir. His bodyguard Sabir stood beside him with his cell phone in his hand.

Emma raced to me the moment she noticed me and wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. A sob escaped her lips as she buried her face in my chest. My body wound up with tension, and my eyes shot up at her brother in a questioning glare.

I wouldn't hesitate to kill him if he hurt my wife. "What happened?" I asked her, concerned.

She didn't reply and only kept sobbing while rage simmered within me. "What did you do to her?" I questioned Mohammed, who watched me as if I was his prey and he was sizing me up.

My harsh tone made Emma look up at me with a jerk. "Haami didn't do anything," she said.

"Then why are you crying?" I asked back.

I shouldn't have been affected by her tears, but seeing them felt like a knife to my guts. Why the fuck did I care if she cried or if her half-brother hurt her?

"It's Ahmed," she answered in a low voice.

"What has that asshole done?" I couldn't control the disdain in my voice.

Out of all her siblings, Ahmed was intolerable. I couldn't understand how everyone in her family put up with him. Every glance he passed me was filled with malice as if imagining a thousand ways in which he could unalive me. I hated the arrogant moron to my core, and if he were the reason behind my wife's hurt, he would have hell to pay.

"It's not like what you are thinking," she said, but I interrupted her, "Then what is the reason behind your tears?"

"There is a revolt spreading throughout Azmaayir. The Shura was attacked, and it was only a coincidence that Abi wasn't present there. An explosion occurred in Mohammed's apartment in Oxford, and now Ahmed isn't picking up the phone. His whereabouts are unknown," She gave me a detailed account of the incident.

Fuck.

There were revolts in Azmaayir? A revolution was the worst nightmare of the monarchy. My insides twisted, thinking about the possible consequences of the situation.

"Can't we contact his guards?" I glanced at Mohammed.

"His Royal Highness Ahmed Al Jahaan ditched his guards earlier this evening," Sabir replied instead of his boss.

"His Majesty Taimur Al Jahaan is greatly loved and respected by the Azmaayiris, then what led to the revolt?"

As far as I knew, my father-in-law was loved by his masses. Then what could be the reason behind the revolt? And was there a chance to curb the revolters?

"There are forces that disagree with Abi's progressive thinking. The scandalous incident at the club involving Emma and you acted as a catalyst for the extremists who are against Abi's reign but couldn't voice their opinions openly," Mohammed answered in his signature composed tone.

"Are you sure Ahmed isn't out banging someone?" I couldn't help asking.

"Dawood," Emma eyed me with disapproval.

"He isn't wrong. Ahmed's player ways aren't a secret. There is a high probability he is with a girl," Mohammed agreed with me, which came as an astonishment.