Chapter 39

Emma

It was nearly a week since I continued classes. Dawood accompanied me on the first day as promised and spoke to the Dean to get me extensions on my assignment. The Dean agreed after some insistence from Dawood, and I was over the moon.

Dawood used to drop me off in the morning and would then go to the law firm. He would pick me up in the evening after his work hours. He even helped me with the assignment and studies, which lessened my workload to half. It was a relief having a lawyer as a husband who was the recipient of the Fay Diploma award of Harvards.

I had been busy with my studies the whole week and didn't even get time to assist Dawood in the kitchen, and to my surprise, Dawood didn't seem to mind. He would prepare breakfast for us in the morning and dinner in the evening. I would eat lunch at the cafeteria in the law school.

The week flew by in a blink, and Saturday arrived. Dawood had been practicing for his boxing match this Saturday. I was busy studying for an assignment while Dawood was training in the gym. I would ask him any doubts that I had, and he would explain them to me while he continued to throw punches at the punching bag.

My mind was focused more on a shirtless Dawood than on my book. My mouth watered at the sight of his muscled body. The way his muscles flexed with every moment of his was enough for my eyes to linger on him. His body was truly sculpted, and every muscle was well-defined and toned. I don't think I could ever get tired of staring at him.

"As much as I appreciate you admiring me but I think you need to concentrate on the book in your hand," Dawood commented though his back was to me.

I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment for getting caught ogling him. It wasn't my fault if he was so hot and had a physique of a Greek God. How could I concentrate on my book when he was standing before me in all his glory?

"Don't worry. It will take a lot more for you than being shirtless to divert my mind from the book," I scoffed, trying to lessen my embarrassment.

"Then why are you flushed, Princess?"

Does he have eyes at the back of his head too? How the hell did he know I was flushed, "Don't you think you are too self-obsessed?"
I rolled my eyes.

"I just think I am well aware of my personality traits," he stated.

I rolled my eyes again, "Stop rolling your eyes, Princess."

"What the heck? Do you have eyes at the back of your head?" I couldn't help but ask.

"I just know you better than anyone else," came the reply.

"Don't you think that's a false claim? You don't know anything about me," I huffed.

"Really?"

"Of course, you don't know shit about me, Dawood," I retorted.

"I know I make you wet," he deadpanned.

"That isn't rocket science. Half of the female population probably soak their panties just looking at you," I closed my book and crossed my arms on my chest, giving him my undivided attention.

Dawood turned and looked at me, "Did you just say that out loud?"

"What if I did?" I cocked my brow at him.

He smiled, shaking his head, then bit his lower lip, "You know, how edible you look at the moment?"

I, who was looking at him in a challenging way, got puzzled by his words, and suddenly the gym felt too small to me. While the air got hotter, or it was just my imagination, my palms started sweating at how he looked at me, like I was a dessert he wanted to devour.