Chapter 27 ~ Vacation?

Gabby's P.O.V

I was finally discharged after a week in the hospital, I was poisoned, remember? But that didn't stop me, I wanted to go back to work. I remembered that I never got Chief Director Franks to take my paperwork, so technically I'm still a candidate but I was determined to go back to PIC. Straight after I signed my discharge papers and the nurse wheeled me out in my wheelchair, Matt was there waiting in his truck. I slowly wobbled over and hopped in, I told him I wanted to quickly drive to HeadQuarters before going home, and he then agreed to take me. He looked at me with such gentle eyes and kissed me on the forehead, I knew then everything would be alright.

We arrived at HeadQuarters and I told Matt to wait in the truck. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.
M-"Be careful! I'll be right here waiting, if you need me, okay?"
G-"Okay, I'll be right back."
I walked in to find myself in a giant marble room, with the badges on the wall, Shay's badge in the glass display, while everyone cheered for me from my recovery. I was more than happy but then I started to remember who put me in there to begin with.
I walked down the narrow corridor to soon find Franks' office, I knocked and he invited me in.

F-"Hey Gabby, you're out if the hospital that's great! What can I do you for?"
G-"Yeah, I just got out this morning. I was wondering if you can sign my paperwork for PIC."
F-"Yeah sure, but Gabby, don't you think you need a break. Maybe a vacation, you have a fiance, a one year old daughter and a psychotic sister who tried to kill you. No one would judge you."
G-"I haven't really thought about that, the vacation not my sister. Maybe a small get away would be nice but I would have to talk to Matt."
F-"How about this, you discuss it with Matt and I will sign this just in case, does that sound good?"
G-"That's great, thank you, I don't think I would of thought of that by myself."

Franks had signed my papers and kept them to give them to a higher rank but I still thought about this so called ' break/vacation' that could turn out to be good for me. As soon as I got back into the truck and asked Matt.
G-"What do you think about a vacation? You, Isabelle and me?"
M-"That's sounds... amazing. We could but do with a break away from Chicago, especially you. Wait we would leave Chicago right?
G-"Yeah, I was thinking maybe Miami or San Diego , what do you think?"
M-"Love it!"

We arrived back home and I went straight to Isabelle, who was hiding within her blanket in her crib. I just wanted to squeeze her so tight. Matt went on the laptop to find the vacation home I told him about in Miami. I couldn't wait to go.