Chapter 22 ~ Haunted

Matt's P.O.V

It had been 6 days since I met Charlotte, she seems really nice and I can tell where she gets it. Today felt really weird, it was Hallie's birthday and I felt like a ghost walked over my hypothetical grave. Me and Gabby were both laying in bed, she was out like a baby but that wasn't the case with me. I turned to see the clock and it read 4:38am, it was so early but it felt so late. All of a sudden a small thud comes from down the hall, I get out of bed to check on Isabelle but the phone rings so I dive towards it hoping not to wake Gabby.

M-"Hello" I whisper
GC-"Oh Matt, I was hoping to pick up Gabby." *Not really* she thought to herself.
M-"Well you do realize that it's now 4:40 in the morning and she has a child, so a bit of sleep is good for her. Sorry."
GC-"Oh yeah, your right. I'll call back later... wait what are you doing up then?
M-"I just can't sleep."
GC-"Why? You can tell me, we're practically family."
M-"Okay, well it's my late fiance's birthday today, and it just feels weird, you know?"
GC-"No I don't but how about we meet up later at the firehouse and you can tell me all about her, maybe even bring a picture."
M-"Okay that sounds great!"

Wow, Charlotte is really understanding!

Charlotte's P.O.V

Step 2 : Complete!!!