Chapter 17 ~ Wedding plans

Gabby's P.O.V

It was mine and Matt's first day back and I couldn't wait to see everyone, my old school mate had moved to the city and offered to look after Isabelle while we were at work.
G-"Is it just me or does this look like they've missed us!'
M-"Nah, I'm getting the vibe too.
All the walls were covered in our faces and newspaper articles about our. My CFD candidate shirt was scrunched on the sofa next to Mouch's cushion. Matt's construction box was on the table with the tools all scattered round.
M-"Your shirt, my tools, they've been in our house!"
G-"This is totally first degree stalker alert!"

Matt and I looked at each other with confusion and mist. All of a sudden I heard a sob.
S-"First Dawson goes, then Casey and now they haven't even brought Isabelle around for any of us, not even a picture!" Severide's voice turning into a squel.
G-"Was that Severide?" I whisper.
M-"I think so!"

I walked into the common room to find the entire house lounging like a sack of potatos.
G-"You guys look like somebody died...bad reference."
B-"Ahhhhh!!!" How are you guys? How is Isabelle? Have you decided on a wedding date?"
G-"Calm down Brett!"
CB-"As you can see, we are all happy to have you back, some more than others!"
M-"Much more!"
G-"What's that in your hand?"
B-"Wedding books, magazine, bride-to-be guides!"
S-"She hasn't dropped them since the day you left!"
G-"Let's get started then."
B-"Phase #1 of Wedding Plans, get bride on board, check! Cone on!
Brett grabs my hand and we go straight to the lounge and start flipping thought each book thoroughly.