Chapter 18 ~ Family Reunion??

Charlotte Dawson's P.O.V

It feels like forever since I have seen my younger sister. The last time we talked and saw each other was just after she broke up with Matt. But now look at them. She has a wonderful life, she's engaged with a beautiful baby girl and she couldn't be more happy. Gabby almost always comes to me with anything that's going on, she spent a fortnight with me after her breakup but now I'm going to her. Just for fun, and because I love her.

I wanted to surprise my sister, so I hopped on a plane from Dallas, Texas and flew to Chicago. It would have to take a while for the whole temperature thing to settle in. Dallas, is all about the sun but Chicago is mostly known for it wet and wild weather. They don't call it the 'Windy City' for nothing. My flight was roughly 2 hours long, so I needed to get an early flight if I wanted to catch her before she went home. I don't really know where she lives, her apartment then hers and Matt's, then Brett's.

I finally arrived in Illinois, Chicago around 1 o'clock and I made my way to the firehouse she said she worked at. I saw Gabby with Matt and Isabelle leaving early. Could it really be my sister? She has changed since I saw her last. She is not the sister I grew up with and loved deeply!