Chapter 3 ~ Time To Make This Right

Matt's P.O.V

I can't believe what just happened. But it felt good. Flames danced around our mouths while all our memories came flooding back. Our first kiss, our first night, our first break up but I didn't care. It felt like that every minute I thought of Dawson and I couldn't call her my girlfriend or Fiance, my heart would stop beating. But that kiss started my heart again and I no longer felt alone.

"I've missed that" I say with the urge to do it again. "Well to be honest, so have I!" Dawson confessed with a cheeky smirk clouding her face. "You know when you said that we should have a break because of the work I brought home; it's because at work I'm in control and I don't fell fearful or scared of the future. At home I felt like a coward, not telling you how I felt most of the time and not thinking about the future, I thought maybe if I could act at home like the way at acted at work it might solve the problem but I can see that it was the worst mistake I could ever make!" I told her, pouring out my entire heart. "Matt! I've never seen you this way, I love it, that's the man I fell in love with, not my lieutenant!" Gabby told me, making me realize what I had to do, the thing I should have done when I saw her bags by the door.