Chapter 2 ~ Well That Just Happened

Gabby's P.O.V

It was Matt, standing tall with a misty look to his eye. It took me by surprise at first but then I realized things were going to get awkward if neither one of us moved or talked. I shifted my arms so that they were attached to my hips, I needed to catch my breathe from how far I had ran. I had to find the courage to speak to him somehow so I remembered the time me and Casey were talking on the small couch after Jones died and I opened up and told him how I really felt inside.

"Hey...you couldn't sleep either?" I asked hoping that Matt would be kind enough to answer. "Yea, I...umm it's kinda of embarrassing." Matt told me with a shy smile hiding into his shoulder. "I can keep a secret, I promise I won't laugh. How about you tell me your reason and then I'll tell you mine." I replied knowing I would regret it. "Well..I kinda had a bad dream about...well us!" Matt told me looking all embarrassed and nervous. "No way!", "I woke up from a nightmare about us as well and from some other personal stuff too, but that doesn't matter now!" "Are you okay? I know we have had our differences but I'm always here for you, you know that right?" Matt tells me looking concerned. "I do now!" I say beginning to cry.

I began to sob, over what he said and how he said it, he was Matt and not my lieutenant. He looked at me with eyes of sadness and pulled me into his chest. I grabbed his jacket from his shoulder and pulled it into my neck and carried on crying. The last time I had cried this much was when me and Matt broke up and I cried cause the minute I walked out of the door I regretted it. I pulled away from his chest still holding onto his jacket and looked into his eyes that reflected my face from his tears and we both leaned it and kissed each other passionately.