Chapter 6

"Hi, Rocky!" My nephew said into the phone.

"Luciano, what are you doing up so late?" I asked.

"Say 'mommy's in labor'." My brother, Adrian, said to his son.

"In labor? Isn't it too early?" I asked.

"Lia is thirty two weeks pregnant. Her and the baby will be fine." Adrian said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Am I sure? I went to fucking medical school." He said.

"Hey, don't cuss in front of Luci." I said.

"What? You cuss in front of him all the time." Adrian said.

"Rocky, come home!" Luciano shouted.

"You've never even met me. You'll live." I told Luciano.

"What are you doing? Where are you? How was the fight?" Adrian asked.

"I'm at home getting dressed. I just got out of the hospital cause the guy I fought elbowed me in the face. And you know I won." I said.

"Woo! Let's go Rocky!" Adrian shouted.

"Go Rocky!" Luciano repeated.

"What are you doing to celebrate?" Adrian asked.

"I'm going to eat dinner with the ladies that basically adopted me." I said.

"Oh yeah. Is Ariana gonna be there?" He asked.

"Most likely." I said.

"That's crazy. But I won't keep you from celebrating. I'll let you know when your niece arrives." Adrian said.

"Alright. I love you. Tell Lia the same. And I love you, Luci." I said.

"I love you, Rocky." Luci said.

I hung up the phone and threw it on my bed. I grabbed a pair of light brown double front Carhartt pants and put them on. I put my Air Force One's on and put on a black wife beater. I put my black New York Yankees fitted on backwards.

"Can you hurry? I'm hungry, and you don't have a couch!" Duke shouted from the living room.

"Coming!" I said.

I grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys. I grabbed a random shirt and threw it over my shoulder. I walked out of my bedroom to find Duke standing in my living room.

"Why is there no couch here?" He asked.

"You gonna buy me one?" I asked as I walked to the door.

———

"Introducing the newest Marciano to have a flawless record!" Duke said as we walked into the kitchen.

"There you are! How was the hospital?" Joan said.

"Couple of stitches under my right eye and just some bruises on my side." I said.