Chapter 14: Yes.

Hubert

It has been 2 days since Billiam asked me the question, i still haven't given him an answer I think todays the day that I do.

I found him in the library doing paperwork work, i walked up to the desk and taped his shoulders.

He looked up at me with a soft smile.

"Yes Hubert?" I swallowed nervously before gathering up the courage to tell him,

"I have thought about it... and I think I wouldn't mind if it was you."

"I-I'm sorry?" There was this hope in his eyes that I've never seen before.

"I will marry you." He stood up and walked around the table to stand in front of me.

He pulled out a small black box, when he opened it there was a ring inside, it was a simple gold band but it had meaning to him.

"May i?" He held his hand out to me

"Of course..." i smiled as he gently slipped the ring onto my finger and gave my hand a light kiss.

"Thank you..."

Not much changed after that, Billiam would press gentle kisses on to my cheek whenever he thought i was asleep, and I would stare at him when he wasn't looking, it was nice...

But that soon came to an end when he started taking over his father's business, he became more and more distant and cold to all of us.

One day I decided to follow him around the mansion he kept going to the west wing of the mansion, at first i didn't think anything of it i thought that he had to do work over there. But soon he started going over every single day.

I stayed quiet when he left his bedroom this morning to head over to the west wing, after I was sure he would not see me i quietly followed him, he opened a door that was hidden behind a bookshelf that revealed a set of stairs leading down to a creepy room.

It was probably not a good idea but I followed him down when I got to the bottom of the stairs i was met with a giant red egg with vines growing out of it.

Suddenly the door slammed shut behind me, i turned to see Billiam standing there with an axe in his hands,

"What are you doing here Hubert?"

Word count:298