Chapter 12: another one.

Hubert

I waited by the child's until he awoke, in the meantime I saw Billiam moving around the room gathering papers and signing them at his desk, he noticed me looking at him and smiled at me.

I don't know why but I felt my heart fluttering at the sight, I could get used to it.

I noticed the child stir in his sleep next to me, he sat up with a groan rubbing his eyes,

"H-hello?"

"Hello. I'm Hubert what is your name child?"

"I'm Connor... where am I?"

"Well Connor your in sir Billiam's room."

"Why am I here?" Connor looked around the room looking for a way out

"I found you in a bush out in the garden, would you mind telling me how you ended up there?"

"I was running away from home... then I tripes over something and fell on my head."

"And why where you running away from home?" Connor looked down shifting slightly.

"My parents died last week and the police wanted to take me away..." Connor now had tears in his eyes I look at him my heart hurting for the child."

"Would you... like to stay here with us?" Billiam spoke for the first time since the child fell asleep.

"I- really?" There was such hope in his eyes,

"Of course... we can be your new parents if you want." I offered.

"No! I-I mean I want to stay here but I don't want new parents, I love my old one and it doesn't feel right to replace them." Tears where freely flowing from Connor's eyes he looked so much like Drista back when she was still alive.

"That's completely fine. You can stay here with us for as long as you need."

"I don't want to be a burden..."

"You will not be my dear." I reassured him wiping the tears away.

He smile at me, it was so bright like Ranboo's it could rival the sun, I smile back at him and pick him up.

Why don't we get you cleaned up first?"

"Okay..."

I am officially back! Sorry for taking so long :]