Chapter 9: officially adopted

Billiam's  pov

After hubert bathed the child I asked him to bring
it to me.

"Thank you hubert you are dismissed" I Said picking the
child up.

"Of course Sire call is you need me" before he left the
room he gave the child Small Smile.

Once we were alone I finally took a good look at the Kid, Ranboo, a name that is quite weird.

"Er Sir?" I looked down at the child in my arms.

"Yes Ranboo?"

"Are you mad at Papa?" Papa. Who is his father?

"Who?"

"Papa Hubert"

" Why would I be mad at him?" Yes I was mad at the servant, but he did do me a favor. He helped get father off my back so I guess that makes up for his mistakes.

"Because he brought me into your home, papa said you didn't like peasants" the child sounds sad?

"No I am not angry with Hubert, I am quite pleased that he brought you here" it wasn't exactly a lie. But what the kid didn't know can't hurt him.

"Your are?!" The kid looked at me with big puppy eyes and I can't help but smile down at him.

"Of course buddy, he already adopted you didn't he?" I said lowering him to the ground.

"It's not legal"  I was shocked did Hubert just steal this child off the street or something?!

"Would you like to be?" I asked hiding my shock.

"Yes, but papa said he can't"

"And why is that?"

"He's working for you and he's never allowed to leave you, but I'm happy staying as a ward" I looked at the kid, there is enough room in the mansion for a kid his age... fuck it why not?!

"If you want I can adopt you so you can stay here permanently." I made the offer but he does not have to say yes.

"YES!" The kid jumped up and down in excitement.

"Clam down buddy."

"Sorry Father." That shocked me.

"Father?" I looked at him with awe and confusion

"Yes father. You are going to adopt me right?"

"Yes but that doesn't explain what you're calling me father."

"Well if you adopt me that makes you my dad!"

"Sure kid" I thought about me and Hubert sharing a child, and it made me blush...

What am I thinking?! He's just my pretend partner until I find someone. This child is messing with my head and I don't really mind it.

Late Valentine's Day special!
Word count:417