Chapter 65: Above London lights

Lini has been in the limo for about fifteen minutes, she looks out the window thinking where Mark might be, she could see life in the streets of London. The restaurants, the bars, the people having fun, the lights illuminating the streets, at each stop the driver makes, Lini thinks she has arrived but she hasn't. "Ah Mrs McClay, I forgot to tell you that you have to blindfold yourself using the blindfold which is in the box just below the seat next to you." Said the driver, she looks under the seat and takes the box. She opened and saw a blindfold and a letter, she opened the letter with a smile.

"Put on this blindfold and let yourself be guided."

She puts the letter in her bag and then puts the blindfold on, excited about what's going to happen.

~!~

She felt the limo stop, the driver cut the engine and then got out. She hears her door open and a hand grabs her hand to pull her out slowly, she walks slowly so as not to fall. She could hear movement in front of her, "Come on gentlemen" "It's done boss" several times, she frowned laughing at not knowing what was going on in front of her. She could hear "Meals! quick gentlemen" clanking like someone stepping on iron steps.

She felt big hands take her hands without saying anything, she is guided, walking slowly forward. She could feel herself stepping onto something iron and then a carpet floor. "Don't move" Mark whispered in her ear, he let her go, she could hear Mark talking from afar but not knowing what he was talking about. "Let's go" Mark says closing something like a door, she feels as if the room is moving in height. "Mark? Where are you?" She asked, still blindfolded, she felt hands on her waist. "Are you ready to know where we are?" He asked, whispering in her ear, she bit her lip nodding, Mark took the blindfold off her eyes.

Lini is speechless, they are in a kind of glass capsule going up in altitude seeing the lights of London from up there realizing that they are in the Ferris wheel of London, inside the capsule, there are rose petals everywhere, a round table with a white tablecloth with two plates with their domes on top, a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice, background music. "You like?" He asked wrapping his arms around her lovingly, she ran her hands over Mark's forearms, it's so beautiful and romantic. She turns around and wraps her arms around his neck. "I love it Mark" She said before kissing him.

~!~

Dinner went as Mark had planned, the wheel stopped as soon as they were at the top to have the best possible view of London. Mark had to spend a lot to have this evening, to find the restaurant that wanted to bring the dinner in the capsule. But for Lini, nothing is expensive for her pretty eyes. He doesn't want to talk about the case, or why and how she freed Will. He wants to spend the last night in England with her. Without the girls. No argument. Just her and him.

He looks at her talking but he doesn't hear anything, doesn't listen to what she says but looks at her lovingly. He looks at her sparkling green eyes, her soft lips, her curled hair, this girl bewitches him. "Mark are you listening to me?" She asked while eating her last slice of meat, realizing that Mark isn't listening to her, he seems to be somewhere else. Mark blinked to regain his composure, seeing that Lini was hearing answers, looking annoyed. "Oh, sorry, I wasn't listening to you." He says honestly but which doesn't please Lini who is upset that Mark isn't listening. They are in a romantic place, Mark has done everything well and now he ruins everything. Or maybe Lini is too demanding. "I wasn't listening to you because I was thinking about how lucky I am to have you." He said looking at her lovingly, Lini's shy, blushing smile forming on his face. "It's true?" She asked, Mark stands up and holds out his hand to Lini who accepts her hand and stands up too. His arm is wrapped around her waist while Lini's arms go around his neck, looking at each other lovingly. "Of course darling." He said before kissing her then hugging her, she felt so good in his arms that she didn't want him to break the embrace. They both look out the window, the lights of London illuminate the night which makes a beautiful paronama. "Mark...about.." She tried to speak but Mark broke the encounter to take her face in his hands. "No...let's not ruin this evening by talking about that." He said before kissing her forehead tenderly feeling that the wheel is starting to turn meaning that they will have to get out of the capsule.

~!~

"Sweet dreams girls." Paul says to the girls before turning over to sleep while Agnes and Lona sleep in the other bed. "Agnes, are you asleep?" Lona whispered, hoping that her friend wasn't asleep. A lot of things are going on in his little child's head and I want to talk about it. "No why?" She asked looking to her right side where Lona is. Lona looks at the ceiling, hands intertwined together thinking about what's going on with her dad right now. She has clearly seen the change in her dad's behavior recently, dad smiles more since Lini is home, dad looks at Lini like in the photos with mom. Looks like her dad is in love with Lini and he doesn't love mom anymore. "Was your mom happy before she met my dad?" she asked still staring at the ceiling as Agnes put her hands below her head also staring at the ceiling. "My mom was always happy" Agnes says calmly, Lona turns to her left to look at her friend. "My dad has been happy since you slept at home." Said Lona, Agnes look at her friend, it's true that since they were at Undy's house, her mother seems more and more joyful, she goes out, she laughs like before. Lona's dad has come out of his bubble which was slowly destroying him, he comes out, smiles, laughs with Lini. As if they had forgotten Jessie and Josh.