Chapter 58: A departure that starts badly

Lini went to her room to pack her suitcase for the plane for the European tour, Mark lay on the bed talking to her about her meeting with Will wanting to know what he said to her. She told him everything Will told her, the why he paid two men to hit him, why he argued with Josh but he still denies that he killed Josh and whoever killed Jessie and Calvin. Mark rubbed his head with a chuckle which made Lini stop folding her clothes into the suitcase, frowning at him. "Why are you laughing?" She asked not really amused, Mark clears his throat looking at Lini still looking amused. "And you believe his bullshit?" He asked his naive beloved, she continued to fold his clothes, completely ignoring him upset that he reacted like that. He gets off the bed then sits behind Lini putting his long legs on either side of her then takes her in his arms.

"Let's stop talking about him, he's in custody and that's all I care about" He said before kissing her neck, Lini continued to take care of her clothes, still ignoring Mark, which he notices immediately. "You're angry?" He asked resting his chin on her shoulder, she stops folding her pants then looks at Mark spitefully. "Yes, you're still on your position that it's him when it could be anyone!" She said still looking at him meanly, he tightens his grip on her wrapping his arms around her waist. "The killer knew where you lived, the calls you had stopped dead when Will met the sergeant when you were in the hospital..." he dialed to Lini why he thinks it's Will...

"And you're going to tell me that it was Will who planted a bomb on my house and detonated it when he was there with me to cover his tracks?" She asks Mark who shrugs at her question then smiles at her. "That might be a possibility." He said, she rolled her eyes at his answer then sighed as she continued to pack her things. "Come on honey, let's stop talking about it, tonight we're going to Europe and I want us to clear our minds of all this." He said giving her a reassuring smile, she smiled then looked at him again wanting to know what was on his mind.

"We will spend the days with the children between two autograph sessions and the evenings, we will spend them together" He said before caressing her cheek, she smiled at him loving the program of the tour. "Just the two of us." He added before kissing her tenderly.

~!~

The sun is setting and everyone is getting ready to leave, the bags are already at the entrance, they are waiting for the Ministry which should be coming soon. They spent a quiet day, the children played in the garden, Lona was a little better but Mark told her to cover up anyway just in case. The kids are in a hurry to go to Europe, it will be the first time that they will travel outside the United States. Mark and Lini are happy to leave the US, to decompress to everything that is happening in their lives at the moment, especially to get away from the current case which will do Lini and Mark a lot of good. Maybe during this tour they will be able to get even closer...or start their trip to Europe with some tension.

"The suspect in Josh's murder and two other people have been released on bail, this morning..." Mark didn't listen to the rest, he was furious, he looked dangerously at Lini who didn't even look at him, not daring to look at it. "The kids...in..the car..NOW!" He said scolding, the girls look at Mark with fear but leave in the car to avoid seeing the argument that will surely happen. When the girls have gone outside, Mark turns dangerously towards Lini who is still looking down. "When were you planning to tell me?" He asked looking at her, trying not to be upset but this news that he was released because his girlfriend paid his bail drives him crazy.

 "Tell me, yes or no, you paid his bail to let him go free." He said leaning against the window, she didn't answer, not even look at him either. They hear the rest of the Ministry arrive, she ends up getting up without looking at Mark but he holds her firmly by the arm. "I'm not done with you! You stay here!" Said Mark raising his voice a little to Lini who ended up getting fed up, she freed herself from his grip. "Yes! yes! I paid his bail! Are you happy!? Can we go?!" She said meanly without giving him any further explanation. He does not believe his eyes, from which she does not understand that this man whom she takes for her friend is charged in the case. "I'm not done with you, we'll discuss it later..." He said coldly passing in front of her with his things.