Chapter 53: Donuts store

Early in the morning, Sergeant Rodriguez went to where the crime was done, right in front of the Donuts store. He gets out of his car with the various photos of the crime scene and the testimonies. He walks towards the Donuts store which was already open, he enters by removing his kepit from his head and goes to see the young saleswoman who is smiling at him. "Hello sir, what would you like?" She asked with a smile, the sergeant smiles and looks at the flavor. "I would like ten sugar donuts, please." She fetches a donut box and puts sugar donuts in the box. "And is your boss here?" He added, the saleswoman finished putting the donuts in the box before looking at the policeman.

"Yes, do you want to talk to him?" She asked with a smile, Rodriguez nodded and gave her a smile before the saleswoman left to get her boss. A few seconds later, the saleswoman returns with her boss who smiles at the sergeant, shaking his hand. "Hello, officer, any problem?" Questioned by the store owner, Rodriguez pays for the donuts before thanking the saleswoman and then returns his attention to the mustachioed old gentleman.

"Anyway, I just have questions about what happened outside your store two years ago." Said the sergeant taking the box of donuts in his hand. "Oh, yes, it was terrible.." Said the boss looking sadly at the sergeant. "This way." He added, reaching for the back of the store so they could discuss it privately. The sergeant follows the boss into an office, he sits down and puts his kepi on the box of donuts and his documents on the table.

"Two years ago, you said that the policeman who was killed, that he had an argument with a man. Is that correct?" Rodriguez asked when the boss nodded, the sergeant pulls some pictures out of his briefcase. Notably the photo of Will which is more and more in the sights of the police. "I would like to know which of them you saw the policeman arguing with." He asked, placing the photos in front of the store owner. The mustachioed man looks carefully at the various photos for a few seconds before pointing to the photo of the guy Josh had a fight with that night. "Him".

~!~

Lini woke up before everyone else, dressed in shorts and a shirt, making pancakes for everyone. Listening to the radio, she prepares the pancake batter while dancing and singing, very good mood this morning. She doesn't hear Mark coming down the stairs slowly, waking up from his night. Dressed in simple pajama pants, yawning on the way to the kitchen. They didn't sleep together that night in case the kids decided to come to Lini's room like last time.

He doesn't make a sound, sits at the table, his forearms on the table while watching her dance and sing. She doesn't realize at all that Mark was there, she continues to sing and dance to the "In the Closet" music on the radio while making the pancakes. Mark takes the opportunity to look at her body, her slightly tanned thighs, her buttocks hidden by her fucking shorts. He so wants to take her on the counter and make love to her in the kitchen but he knows it's risky as the kids can wake up at any time.

She cries out in astonishment when she turns to put the plates on the table and sees Mark staring at her. Damn, since when is he here? She thought. "Oh no, why did you stop? I liked the show.." He said with a disappointed voice that she had stopped dancing and singing. "How long have you been awake?" She asked trying to calm her heart, she was so scared. "For 5-10 minutes, my beauty." He said smiling looking at her like he wanted to eat her. She smiled took the dish with the pancakes to put it on the table before going to sit on Mark's lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist before kissing her tenderly.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked looking at her lovingly after breaking the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck before placing her hands on his muscular shoulders. "I want to go to the shed and then want to have lunch...just for two, and then go to the park with the kids." She said rubbing her hands against his upper body looking him in the eyes feeling his arms tighten around her. "It looks very good." he said before kissing her. Hearing footsteps on the stairs, Lini gets up from Mark's lap before going to the next chair and grabbing some pancakes. "Hello Undy and mom!" Said Agnes kissing her idol and her mom before sitting down on the chair to eat. Mark is surprised that Lona is not awake yet, normally her daughter gets up when there is noise but there, she does not come.

When Mark has finished his breakfast, he goes upstairs to see Lona who is still in her bed. He walks over to her bed then sits down on the edge, Lona doesn't look too well. He put his hand over his daughter's forehead noticing that she has a fever and she is coughing. She needs to see a doctor. Mark thought. He goes to his room, searched the various pants to find his phone to call the doctor. When he finds his phone, he dials the number on his way to his daughter's room and waits for him to pick up. "Doctor Marshall is listening to you." Said the doctor picking up the phone, Mark takes his daughter's hand gently while Lona looks with tired eyes towards her daddy. "Hello Doctor, this is Mr. Calaway on the phone, I would like an appointment with you today for my daughter who does not seem to be well." He said calmly looking at his daughter's hand in his hand. "Very well Mr. Calaway, are you free this morning?" He asked, Mark thought and it didn't suit him at all, he had planned to spend some time with Lini but hey, he can't leave his daughter like that. "Yes." he said.

"At 10:45 am it's okay for you?" he asked. Mark smiled sadly as he looked at his daughter, once again put his hand to her forehead. "Yes Yes that would be fine with me." He said before thanking him and hanging up. He takes his daughter in his arms before going back with the girls downstairs.