Chapter 51: A secret relationship

Lini wakes up slowly, the sun's rays come through the curtains, the birds are singing, it was very nice outside. She had an exotic dream, she didn't want this dream to end so much that she loved it. She feels heavy arms wrapped around her waist, she frowns then turns her head enough to see who was behind. It was Taker who was sleeping, she turns her head biting her lips realizing that she hadn't dreamed at all.

She takes Taker's arm to put her against him, rushes into his arms not wanting to move from there. She begins to think that how will the kids react? She doesn't know if Taker is ready to go public with their relationship, she doesn't know how Agnes will react. Full of questions that she would like to have the answers in her head right now.

Taker wakes up in Lini's hair, he planted kisses on her neck, smelling her scent. "Morning.." he says in a half awake and deep voice, he looks at the clock which is on the bedside table next to Lini and it's 8:30 a.m, he looks at her who looks at him with a small smile before kiss her. "Morning Taker.." she said after breaking the kiss.

"Dad? are you still sleeping?" Asked Lona knocking on the door without come in. Taker watches where the voice was coming from then ignores wanting to stay in bed with Lini a bit longer kissing her neck. Lini bit her lip as she put a hand in Taker's hair loving the feel of Taker's kisses on her neck which sent shivers down her spine. "Dad? Can I come in?" Lona asked when she didn't get an answer. "No!" Taker suddenly shouted loud enough for his daughter to hear through the door. "What's up honey? It's still early to get up." He said hoping his daughter would go to bed so he could enjoy some more in bed with Lini.

"Well... Lini is no longer at home. She's not in her room. Agnès and I are looking for her everywhere but she's not here." She said in a rather worried voice. Taker looks at Lini who looks worried but Taker reassures her by caressing her cheek making her understand that everything will be fine. Taker thinks about what he could say as an excuse for not wanting the kids to know they love each other, it's way too soon. "Go to the living room, I'm coming." He said before hearing Lona and Agnes talking to each other as they walked down the stairs.

Taker looks at Lini who seems to be thinking. She hopes that Agnès will accept that her mother is in love with another man. Certainly she will be happy but she does not want her to say that she no longer loves her dad. Josh will forever be in her heart but she thinks it's time to move on and life is so crazy she fell in love with a man she didn't love at first and he lost too his wife and son at the same time as she lost her husband.

Taker could see the concern in Lini's eyes and knows why because he too is not quite ready for Lona to know that her daddy is with someone else when Lona has just where her mommy was. . He passes his hand on Lini's cheek before kissing her tenderly.

"We won't say anything until we're ready." He said after breaking the kiss, trying to reassure her as best he could of his thoughts. Lini begins to have tears in her eyes not wanting Agnes to hold it against her because she loves a man other than her father.

"I'm afraid..." She tried to explain her fears to him but Taker silenced her again with a kiss. "Shh... there's nothing to fear from Lini, let's keep this relationship a secret from everyone until we're ready" he said after breaking the kiss between them, looking at her with eyes tired but reassuring.

Lini smiles seeing that he is in the same wavelength as her, he understands and supports her. She kisses him one last time before Taker gets out of bed, naked, going to his chest of drawers to put on some boxer shorts, jogging pants and a t-shirt.

She sits on the bed holding the blanket to her chest watching Taker get dressed, as soon as he has dressed he turns to Lini then crawls on the bed to reach Lini. "Get dressed and go to the local bakery. The girls won't suspect a thing, I'll make sure they don't see you." He said before kissing her on the lips before heading for the door. "Oh, and call me Mark from now on." He said smiling at her before leaving the room leaving her inside.

~!~

Taker slowly descends the stairs rubbing his face and eyes to wake up. He makes sure that Lini will have easy access to her car keys by placing them on the table near the front door. He walks into the living room seeing Lona and Agnes sitting on the couch in pajamas. "Are you sure you looked everywhere?" He asked the girls, gaping and scratching his hair wondering where Lini might be. Well... he pretends to think. "Yes dad and she's not here." Lona assured while Agnes has a sad face wondering where her mom is.

Taker motioned for the children to follow him into the kitchen, they sat down on the stools. Taker takes the orange juice out of the fridge, takes three glasses and pours the juice into the glasses. He could hear a car start and drive away from Taker's property. He looks at Agnes who breaks down in tears, hiding her tears with her arms. "I want my mother." Said Agnes crying, Taker walked around the counter to hug Agnes, reassuring her.

"Hey hey don't worry. Maybe mum got a call and had to leave. She'll be back. She won't leave you here alone even if she trusts me." He reassured Agnes who was crying in his arms.

~!~

"I'm home !"

After about a quarter of an hour, Lini came home with croissants in a bag. She hears a door open upstairs and sees Agnes rush to her mother and hug her.

"Mom! I missed you!" She said, hugging her mother just as tightly.

Lini kisses her daughter's forehead, watching her notice that Taker has taken care of his daughter again, he showered her and dressed her in a little yellow dress because it was warm outside with a little yellow hat. "I was at the bakery and there was a little traffic jam on the road honey, I'm sorry it was long." Lini apologized with a sad smile, Agnes gave her mom a kiss.

"As long as you're here mom!" She told her mom, she took a croissant out of the bag and went to the sofa to eat it while Lona came downstairs dressed and showered too, kissed Lini before taking a croissant herself.

"Ah! you're there Lini! The children were worried that you were leaving this morning!" Taker shouted loud enough for the children to hear.

She watched Taker coming down the stairs, he's wearing a black sleeveless shirt, navy blue bandana, black pants with gray socks. She smiles at him and hands him a croissant, he takes it from her hands thanking her before giving her a kiss on the lips after checking that the children are not there.

"Yes I'm sorry I wanted to go to the bakery to bring you breakfast." She said knowing that the children could hear, they will join the girls in the living room to eat.