Chapter 70-1: Versus Class 1-A

A few days after Midoriya and Kaminari left U.A.

"Do you really think so?" Uraraka asked.

"It's just our best guess, but..." Todoroki started to say before Bakugo interrupted him by ripping up Midoriya's letter.

"Odds are, he's with Endeavor and the others. That damned nerd!"

All of what was left of Class 1-A were gathered in the common area of their dorm, sitting or standing around the couches as they discussed the current topic.

"Your best guess?" Iida questioned. "You haven't confirmed that with anyone, such as the mentors who oversaw you three?"

"We have tried unceasingly," Tokoyami stated. "But my own master will not answer his phone."

"Same with Denim Head," Bakugo added.

"My father too," Toodoroki chimed in. "I'm sure they're busy, but something feels off. We can only assume they're keeping secrets from us."

"Not to mention All Might is still M.I.A.," Jiro mentioned.

"Or so it seems, yeah," Ojiro said.

"Denim Head and the Spoonbill met Deku back at the hospital. All Might was there too... and then we got this letter..." Bakugo said. "If he's too scared to come near U.A. then who snuck in and slipped the letters under our doors in the dead of night? It had to be All Might! I've got no doubt they're partners in crime!"

"Then he is with an adult? That should give us reassurance, oui?" Aoyama asked.

"The only news we're hearing is about the whole Top-Three Team-up, right? Not a word about All Might," Sero said.

"Yeah," Bakugo confirmed. "Compared to Endeavor and the others... I know Deku and All Might better than anyone." Bakugo increased his grip on the shredded pieces of paper that was Midoriya's letter in his hand, crumpling it further. "This is... the worst scenario I can think of..."

"And Kaminari?" Iida asked. "This entire conversation you've only seemed to express your worry for Midoriya, we can't forget that he's not the only one who's left."

"Yeah, I know... but that's a bit different," Bakugo said. "I knew it was only so long until he was gonna go out on his own and not come back. As much as I hate this, the opponent he's facing is someone we can't take on no matter how hard we try. He also has his quirk, which if he just sleeps enough he'll be able to get his head cut off and be fine."

"But would he actually?" Ashido asked.

"Yeah, from what I remember of our conversations about the possibilities back in Otheon, I'm pretty sure he mentioned that his body would basically shut itself down and force him to sleep if his quirk needed to recover energy," Todoroki said. "He might not like it, but it basically guarantees that he'll always get the energy back so he doesn't end up killing himself."

"Okay, and his sword?" Sero asked.

"Damn Battery Pack has a plan, he always did when it came to this stuff," Bakugo grumbled.

"Sorry to say this about him and all... but this is Kaminari we're talking about..." Jiro said. "Can he really plan something this intricate?"

"Normally he wouldn't," Bakugo said. "He wouldn't really plan on how to go about fighting demons either, but he knows enough about them to just jump in and think on his feet. That doesn't mean he wouldn't plan. He's better at long-term planning with demons rather than immediate battle plans since they always end up being thwarted anyway. His long-term plan against Muzan was working, but when you dumbasses intervened it all went to shit. Now that we're out of the way, he can start planning again without considering us possibly getting in the way."