Chapter 29: Tomioka and Uzui

Kaminari woke up in the same area he and Zenitsu would usually talk, the ground was black and looked like a desert surrounded by black mist. 

"If I'm here then I'm definitely not awake," Kaminari thought. "I can't even remember the last time I was in here talking with Zenitsu- wait if I'm in here does that mean-"

"No, Zenitsu isn't here."

"Instead we are! Which is even better and more flamboyant in my opinion."

Kaminari turned around, he saw two guys that were both familiar to him, or well to Zenitsu and because of that he knew them. One of them he fought the copycat of, Giyu Tomioka, his appearance was much more stoic, his eyes obviously not having any Uppermoon ranking written in them. His mismatched haori was the same, but the sword he had on his side was different, as it was his actual sword that he had at his side when he was an active Demon Slayer. The other guy that was beside Tomioka was taller and had a pretty muscular build, the blades were chained together at the bottom of their handles and rested on his back. His Demon Slayer uniform didn't have sleeves like Zenitsu's or Tomioka's, and he wore a... very tacky headpiece that looked like it had a bunch of jewels attached to it. He also had red eye makeup around his left eye, with alternating large and small dots that come in towards his eye.

"You two are former Hashiras, aren't you?" Kaminari asked.

"At least you recognize that," the taller one said.

"I'm pretty sure you recognize me though, right?" Tomioka asked.

"Well, I did just fight someone who tried to copy you, so yeah Tomioka," Kaminari replied.

"Oh come on! That copycat mentioned my name as well since he stole my stuff and looked more into my private life so he can copy his so-called "idol"!"

Kaminari thought back to his conversation with Upper 3 that called himself Giyu, trying to remember how he learned all about Tomioka. 

"I found some ancient texts and diaries of someone who lived with him! I think the name was Uzui?"

"Uzui?" Kaminari asked.

"That's me! Tengen Uzui! The former Sound Hashira and the God of Festivities!" 

Kaminari then got a flash of memories of when Zenitsu first met him, Uzui wasn't someone Zenitsu liked at first, but even so for some reason he felt comfortable. Maybe because they fought together? The next flash of memories gave him the answer, they fought alongside each other when facing Upper 6 back before Uzui retired. Since then he was pretty supportive of him and his friends, even protecting Nezuko while they were fighting Muzan back then. 

"Oh, I know who you are now, sorry I didn't recognize you before Uzui," Kaminari said.

"I would normally be offended, but I haven't really been around since the Taisho era so I guess it's okay," Uzui said, acting as if he was a bigshot celebrity.

"Anyways, thanks for killing that copycat, I wasn't the biggest fan of a demon trying to copy me and just... not even using Water Breathing correctly," Tomioka said, talking about Upper 3 in a disgusted and unamused tone. 

"Along with getting revenge for reading my diaries and invading my privacy!" Uzui shouted out, not being happy with someone reading about his life.

"We're dead, and we've been dead for centuries, we don't really have much privacy anymore," Tomioka said, not really wanting to put up with Uzui's antics.

"Still, good job on slaying your first Uppermoon, and it was Upper 3 no less," Uzui said, trying to lift Kaminari's spirits.

"Thanks, but that demon was probably only as strong as a Lowermoon back in your time," Kaminari said.