Chapter 13: The Two Who Can See Through Lies

When Kaminari got back to 1-A's dorms, he was questioned about what Aizawa wanted. Kaminari was too tired to deal with it and just said he wanted to know more about his encounter with the villain last night since he was the most recent they've heard about. The class didn't push any further because they could hear how tired Kaminari was through his voice and responses. So they dropped the subject and let him go to bed, but they still had questions that they needed to ask.

"So are anyone of you going to tell us why only Kaminari was on night patrol and the rest of you weren't?" Yayaorozu asked the trio.

"Well, we split patrols up because the reports around the city were going wild. So we decided to organize who goes with who on night patrol and day patrol. Kaminari was the only one who was assigned night patrol only because of his ability to track them down with his hearing. So the rest of us swapped patrols with the sidekicks to do night patrol and day patrol in order to maintain the situation. Of course, there was always a sidekick that kept watching over us just in case the situation got too dangerous for us. But I'm surprised the sidekick didn't step in and help Kaminari with the villain last night," Midoriya said, hoping they'll believe the lie.

"Was Kaminari alone last night?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah, he said he wanted to take that night alone so the rest of us could get some rest. Of course, there was a sidekick beside him at all times so he wasn't completely alone, but he didn't want us three being the way he is right now because of the break being over," Midoriya said.

"I was going to help out last night since I barely helped out with the night patrols but he insisted on taking last night without the three of us," Todoroki said.

Everyone was silent, thinking about what they were saying. It all made sense that Kaminari would do that since he could hold his own for a while, but two people in that room weren't convinced.

"I get Kaminari can hold his own for some time and track people down pretty easily, I've seen it up close and personal," Shinso started.

"When did you get here Shinso-kun?" Midoriya asked.

"I was here this whole time, the teachers wanted me to interact with you guys and Class 1-B so I can get familiar with you, after all, I am transferring to the hero course next year," Shinso said.

"I see, well what were you saying?" Midoriya asked.

"As I was saying, I know Kaminari can do his own thing and be fine, but why was Endeavor not concerned with him insisting on doing last night's patrol alone?" Shinso asked.

"He was dumbass! But Dunce Face was SO pushy about taking last night's patrol by himself that Endeavor got curious of why, so he did. Now he kinda understands because of the way Dunce Face is acting now," Bakugou said.

"I get that, but what would've happened if he got seriously injured? I mean, the sidekick didn't help him right?" Kirishima pressed.

Bakugou laughed, "Yeah he didn't help at all, and when Endeavor found out the sidekick got his ass handed to him. It was really funny to watch."

"Yeah, I personally wanted to freeze him until his skin fell off, but my dad's punishment will do I guess," Todoroki said.

The two weren't completely satisfied with the answers they were given, and Midoriya noticed it. "I know it's not what you'd expect for a first-year hero course student to go through, but at the same time, Kaminari showed Endeavor and the sidekicks what he could do at max strength. Something that wasn't shown in the battle training with Class 1-B. So I guess that's why Endeavor eventually gave into Kaminari's request, but I will agree that the way the sidekick acted when Kaminari was in danger wasn't okay. But that wasn't supposed to happen so, we're honestly kinda letting it go since we'll be back to normal schedules now."