Chapter 40: A *Small* Confrontation

"Morning guys," Kaminari said as he walked up to the common area of their dorms.

"Hey Kaminari," Kirishima greeted, getting up from the couch and walking over to him, once he was closer, he lowered his voice so no one could hear. "Hey bro, you okay? You've been looking exhausted recently, have your patrols been rough? You allowing yourself to sleep at all?" 

Kaminari chuckled at the fact that this was his first interaction that day, and with Kirishima no less. "Yeah bro, believe it or not, I didn't go on patrol last night, I slept early and stayed in."

"Oh, that's good, you feeling better though?" Kirishima asked.

"Much better, I'm ready to take on today!" Kaminari said, saying the last part at a normal volume.

"That's good, because we have work-study today," Midoriya said, getting his stuff ready to go.

"...huh?"

"Yeah, it's the second week of February, when my dad said we would start going back in," Todoroki said, walking up behind Kaminari.

"You don't remember, don't you dumbass?" Bakugo said, walking out of the kitchen.

"Uhh... yeah! Of course..." Kaminari said, slowly backing up to only turn around and dash back to his dorm to grab his stuff for his work-study.

"I guess the more things change the more they stay the same," Kirishima said, looking back over at where Kaminari ran off.

"Yeah, only some things though..." Midoriya said, lowering his voice when he said the last part. 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kirishima asked.

"Just asking, how much do you know about Kaminari, Kirishima?" Midoriya asked.

"Not too much, the most I know is that he's a reincarnation and that there's demons around, and about his vigilante identity," Kirishima said.

"So the bare minimum huh Shitty Hair?" Bakugo said.

"Kacchan!"

"So you don't even know about his Sun Breathing?" Todoroki asked.

"... Sun Breathing?"

"Guess not."

"Not exactly something to brag, you don't even know what he learned about his quirk the night we came back," Bakugo said. 

"Wait what?" 

"Kacchan, we shouldn't be butting in like this," Midoriya said.

"No, haven't you realized this Deku but Dunce Face hasn't been sharing info equally! Don't you find that frustrating?!" Bakugo shouted out.

"Well... I'll admit it's not easy sometimes, but some things are needed to be kept quiet," Midoriya said.

"You're not wrong, but at the same time it does kinda hurt," Kirishima said.

"Weren't you the one who told me not to talk about this stuff to you?" 

They all turned toward the voice, seeing Kaminari with his stuff for their work-study. Kaminari's face was blank and emotionless, it wasn't hard to see that Kaminari wasn't happy about them talking about him behind his back. 

"You told me not to talk about this stuff, what I haven't told you involves what you said not to talk about," Kaminari said.

"So you not telling Kirishima was you just keeping up a boundary you guys set?" Todoroki asked.

"Of course, I'm not that kinda friend who puts their friends in a position they're clearly not comfortable in unless they say it's okay," Kaminari said while looking straight into Kirishima's eyes.