Chapter 35: Shinso's Comfort

Kaminari was speedwalking to the locker room, completely focused on getting to the locker room. At this point, Kaminari didn't care if there was anyone in there, he just wanted to get out of his hero costume and get back to the dorms. He heard someone running up behind him, though he wasn't paying attention to who it was since he wasn't in the mood for talking to anyone.

When he got to the locker room he immediately started taking off his hero costume, taking off his Sharpshooting Gear and all his support items and stuffing all of it back in its case. He heard the door to the locker room open and slam shut, but he didn't pay mind to who came in. Well, he should've.

"What is going on Kaminari?"

Kaminari turned around, seeing Shinso staring right at him. His purple eyes looking right at Kaminari's, as if he was trying to see the truth just from his eyes. Kaminari could feel himself wanting to break down right there, right in front of Shinso. He turned away and broke eye contact before he started crying, not wanting to be vulnerable in the locker room. 

"It's nothing, just a new thing about my quirk that's all," Kaminari said, getting back to packing up his hero costume.

"Why did you guys call it a Blood Demon Art then? How did that cut on your hand heal so fast? Why is this "new thing" look a lot like the powers that demons have?" Shinso asked, getting closer to Kaminari.

"I can't really explain it..." Kaminari said, looking anywhere but Shinso's face, staring around the room and even the ground. 

"Why?" Shinso asked, trying to look at Kaminari's face.

"Because..." Kaminari started, still staring at the ground, but his poker face was starting to crack. "I don't wanna talk about it..."

Shinso could see and hear the slight change in his expressions. He really wanted to know, especially since he wanted Kaminari to get everything off his chest, but from the way Kaminari was reacting, he knew he shouldn't keep forcing it out of him the way he was. Shinso relaxed his shoulders, took off his Binding Cloth, walked closer to Kaminari and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, hugging Kaminari and letting his head rest over Shinso's shoulders. 

"I can tell you're starting to get overwhelmed with everything, and now you have this new "thing" with your quirk that looks so similar to demon abilities. It's easy to tell that you're not okay here, I don't know what this is or what you initially thought it was or even what happened last night. But if it's hurting you like this, please don't hide it or suppress it. You're only going to hurt yourself in more ways than one. You really don't have to tell me, but don't lie to me and say you're fine when you're clearly not."

Kaminari just stood there in Shinso's hug, not doing anything for a moment. Kaminari wanted to tell him everything was fine, he wanted to say that it was nothing to worry about, but he couldn't get those words to come out. When he tried to speak, he could feel his hot tears welling up in his eyes. He tried to hold them back, but the more he tried the more tears made itself known, eventually spilling over. He started sobbing in Shinso's arms, clinging onto him more as if he was the only thing in the area keeping him from collapsing. Kaminari tried to talk between the sobs, but the more he tried to think and say something to Shinso he would just start crying more. Kaminari clung to Shinso tighter, breaking down in the hug that Shinso gave in attempt to calm and comfort him. 

Shinso knew Kaminari was suppressing and hiding some of his emotions, but he didn't think he was doing so much that would end in him breaking down like this. One thing that Shinso knew for sure, he was not letting go of Kaminari, not until Kaminari wanted to let go. Even though he felt Kaminari crushing him and his back, Shinso didn't want to let him go, he wanted Kaminari to know that he was there to hold him up even when he felt like collapsing.