Chapter 14: Friends To Protect

When Kaminari got back to his dorm, he didn't waste any time and plopped onto his bed and fell asleep. But before he could really sleep, Zenitsu wanted to chat.

"Do you need anything Zenitsu?" Kaminari asked.

"Just wondering if we should let those two in on the secret, they could help you know?" Zenitsu mentioned.

"Yeah well, Todoroki saw a demon with his own eyes, and the teachers know about me being a "vigilante" so I don't really see the point of telling them the full story when it doesn't really concern them," Kaminari remarked.

"True, but it was the same with Midoriya and All Might, yet we told them," Zenitsu commented.

"That's different, they need to take down All For One, and Muzan is in their way, so we need to work together in order to do that," Kaminari said.

"But did they have to know the full truth in order to help you out with that?" Zenitsu asked.

Kaminari didn't respond, he couldn't really think of a solid reason why he told Midoriya everything other than the fact Zenitsu told him to. "It's just that, knowing this information is dangerous isn't it? Midoriya and Bakugou can protect themselves-" Kaminari said before Zenitsu interrupted him.

"Can't the rest of your class protect themselves as well?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yes, they can. From regular villains. NOT MUZAN!" Kaminari said.

"So Midoriya and Bakugou can protect themselves from Muzan?" Zenitsu asked.

"No, they can't." Kaminari sighed, "They needed to know so they can help me keep this whole thing about demons under wraps so people don't freak out. I thought Midoriya was enough but Bakugou was kinda unexpected but not really."

"You're avoiding the main point," Zenitsu remarked. "Why are you not telling your friends? You obviously trust them, yet you refuse to give them the full story."

"Because I'm scared Muzan will target them!" Kaminari shouted.

They were both silent for a bit, Kaminari looked away from Zenitsu. Zenitsu then picked up on something, something that he didn't really expect.

"You care for one of them, as more than a friend, don't you?" Zenitsu questioned.

Kaminari looked up at Zenitsu, "what? No, that's not it!"

"Yes, you do. You withhold information from them in hopes it won't get them targeted but also because you don't want them stressing out over you. Isn't that right?" Zenitsu asked.

"I mean, I don't want to give them any unnecessary stress from worrying about me by telling them everything. But that doesn't mean I like them more than a friend!" Kaminari stated.

"Hmm... we'll see about that. Anyway, are you going to sleep or no?" Zenitsu asked.

"Well you brought me to this room, so I thought you had something important to say," Kaminari said.

"You know you could've just told me you were tired and just left right?" Zenitsu pointed out.

Kaminari went silent for a moment. "Yeah whatever, I'm going to sleep." Kaminari then disappeared from the dark room Zenitsu was in.

Zenitsu then sighs, "I know you want to keep people safe and worry-free, but sometimes you'll cause them to worry more because they don't know what's going on."

Kaminari sleeps until he heard a knock on his dorm room door. He gets up to open the door and see who it is, "yes?"

"Hey Kaminari, dinner is almost ready, so you should probably head down here," Yaoyorozu said.