Dumped

Asher

Slamming my car door shut, I realised with a sinking feeling that I was home. I was no longer with Oliver. At his house. In our own little bubble. I hadn't paid a lot of attention to the drive home. I'd been reliving my time with Oliver in my head. My stomach twisted, my hands clenched.

Did I have to come home?

Letting out a sigh, I locked my car, shoved my keys in my coat pocket and trudged up to the front door. All the lights were on, making the house glow against the darkness, showcasing the sheer size of the house.

Pausing at the front door, I looked up at the night sky, disappointed I couldn't see any stars. In our younger years, Oliver and I had spent many nights after the company barbecue, sitting on the roof of the garage, staring at the sky, pointing out the different constellations. It seemed like a lifetime ago.

Letting my head drop down, I turned the handle and entered the house.

Voices. Lots of voices. Loud, excited, rushed.

I glanced around and realised the voices were all coming from the direction of my dad's office down the hall.

I'll avoid going that way, then.

I spotted Aaliyah as she came walking out of the kitchen, hands full of snacks, sneaking past the open door of Dad's office. She then almost ran to the stairs.

"Hey," I hissed at her. She stopped and spun round to face me. "What's going on in there?" I nodded in the direction of the voices.

She shrugged, keeping a firm grip on the bag of chips. "I don't know. Something about early results or something." She started up the stairs. "I don't really care."

I couldn't agree more.

With one more glance around to make sure I wasn't seen, I followed Aaliyah up the stairs, watching as she swung the bag of popcorn she had in her other hand.

She looked at me over her shoulder as we got to the top and walked along the hallway. "What happened to you last night?"

My heart leapt in my chest. I felt a shiver down my spine as thoughts of Oliver moaning underneath me flooded my mind.

Nothing I can tell you, little sister.

"What do you mean?"

She stopped at her bedroom door, opened it and threw her snacks inside. Turning to me again, she placed a hand on her hip and cocked a brow. "You didn't come home last night. Mom thinks it's because of that girl you went out with."

Oh fuck.

Sofia.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. She said she wants to meet her. She was getting all happy about it and stuff. Said she hopes you were being careful."

I gulped. Well, I was being careful. But not with the person she thought. Oliver's flushed face flitted across my mind. I had to fight not to smile.

Aaliyah narrowed her eyes at me. "Where did you go last night, anyway?"

I shrugged, tried to play it cool. "Just out."

"It was a date, wasn't it?"

"What do you care?"

"I don't." She took a step back, eyes still narrowed, both hands on her hips. "I'm just not old enough to be an aunt yet."

I nearly choked.

"What?"

Looking smug, she turned on her heel and crossed the threshold to her room. "Everyone knows you were having sex last night." Spinning back to face me, she scrunched her nose. "And I think it's disgusting." She slammed the door to her room, leaving me with my mouth wide open.