Chapter 3: Lucinda of Sabertooth

Start from the beginning

Lucinda's POV:

N-Natsu... Why'd you leave me? E-Erza.. Gray... why did everyone leave me behind? A-Aquarius.... I want to be with you again. Please come back to me!

I wake up with tears in my eyes. Another dream about them. I spat bitterly. I hate them for leaving me like that, but most of all... I hate Natsu! I go under my skirt and pull a dagger from my thigh band. I use it to slice my thighs several times.

Having flashbacks to when I had to sacrifice Aquarius, I start to have a panic attack. N-No, please! I didn't want to break it! It's not my fault! Please come back Aquarius! I sob breathing heavily, I take the dagger and slice my wrists next. Suddenly I am pulled into the warm embrace of my mate and my brother takes the dagger from my hands.

Rogue's POV:

I was in the kitchen making something to eat for when Lucinda wakes up, when I hear a frantic heart beat and unconrollable sobbing. I look at Sting and we both run into the infirmary. We do not like what we see and hear.

Where did she get that weapon from? I'm going to have to ask Minerva and Yukino to check her over for anymore harmful weapons. Who know's where she's hiding them.

I nod to sting. I carefully pull her into my arms as Sting removes the dagger from her grip and tosses it out of the room. I nuzzzle my face in her kneck. Please, stop this Lucinda. Sting and I are here. We don't know what happend to Aquarius, but whatever happened it is not your fault. She breaks down. What she says shocks us both.

Those damn Fairies will pay!

Lucinda's POV:

She's gone... A-Aquarius is gone Ryos, and it's my fault! I had to b-break her k-key to summon the C-celestial Spirit King, so that I c-could save my guild from the c-clutches of Alegria! N-none of them knew... None of them even bothered to find out h-how they s-survived it's grasps. I d-don't know why, but I w-was the only one l-left. I f-fought three d-demons t-that tried to kill me. I s-summoned Loke and Virgo simultaneously, but t-that wasn't enough to b-beat them. I w-was low on magic power, but I s-still forced myself to summon a t-third z-zodiac. A-Aquarius... s-she told me that the o-only way for me to s-save them was to b-break her key to s-summon the Celestial Spirit King.... She was like a M-mother to me after I l-lost Radiance and Layla. S-she may have always y-yelled at me, but she was the c-closet thing I had to a mother. After Tartarus... M-Makarov disbanded the g-guild... Everyone... t-they all left without giving a single t-thought as to h-how they escaped Alegria... worst of all... the day before the guild disbanded... N-Natsu... he left on a year long training Journey leaving only a n-note behind... he has no clue h-how badly that effected me. N-Natsu... I hate him with every f-fiber in my b-being... R-Ryos... I w-want to die so that I can b-be with Aquarius and Layla.

By now I am a complete broken down mess. I am suprised when I feel three more pairs of arms and two small pairs embrace me. I look up to see Sting, Yukino, Minerva, Frosch and Lector had joined the hug.

Did the ladies and Exceeds hear everything!? I start to panic again when I feel soothing circles being rubbed on my back.

"You aren't alone Lucinda, death is not the answer." Ryos calms me down.

Yukino's POV:

Sting had just ran into the infirmary, I can conclude that Lucinda has woken up. Minerva and I were about to go check on her as well, when a blood covered dagger is thrown out of the infirmary and into the guild hall. Catching sight of the blood covered weapon, I began to shake violently.

Minerva notices and pulls me into her arms. S-she cut herself a-again. I choke back a cry. Minerva pulls me with her to the infirmary door. I stop her from going in hearing what is being said.