The Final Battle

Começar do início

His lance was on the ground next to you, but he didn't reach for it. Instead, he let go of your wrists and clutched straight onto your throat. Your eyes widened a bit. Before was bad...but this...almost seemed personal. There was no escaping. His body towered over your own, and there was no way to move. You clutched onto his arm, trying to pull him off, but it was no use.

"K-Karn— You tried to speak, but it only caused him to squeeze your throat impossible tighter. It was awful. Your whole body was starting to go into panic. You were gonna die.

This was probably the closest he'd ever been to you. His chest pressed against your own and his knee had subconsciously made its way between your legs. (You honestly weren't sure how his armor wasn't penetrating your insides at this point.)

His whole body was trembling just as much as yours. He didn't want to do this. It was absolutely killing him. There was a different type of expression on his face as he looked into your eyes...one you'd never seen before on anyone. All you could do was make small whimpering sounds as you felt the air leaving your lungs, but none being able to return. You watched as his eyes began to sting, his lips seeming to tremble.

His facial expression alone was making your heart shatter. It was the most emotion he'd ever shown...truly a look of pain and suffering. Then, what happened next, was probably the most shocking thing yet. He let out a small tch sound, tears beginning to stream down his face nonstop. Was he really crying for you? It was enough to make your own eyes begin to shed tears.

Karna most likely thought you were crying because of the pain he was putting you through, but that wasn't it at all. You were crying because he was showing emotion. Finally. Sadness wasn't exactly the emotion you were going for though. Honestly, all you had wanted was for him to be happy. You wanted him to feel something other than misery at least once in his life. You weren't really sure if you had ever achieved that goal, but at least he had finally shown you something.

The sound of your own choking interrupted your thoughts. Your eyes were completely glossed over and your face was starting to turn red. You couldn't breathe. You. Could. Not. Breathe. Your eyes snapped shut from sheer pain, an unnatural sounding gasp erupting from you. The pain was so excruciating, so all-consuming, you no longer even knew what was happening anymore. It felt like your heart was going to burst, or your head would explode. It was agonizingly unbearable.

There was suddenly a loud sound of flesh ripping, a liquid splattering onto you. Next thing you knew, air was rushing back into your lungs. You hacked and coughed a few times before slowly opening your eyes. They instantly widened at the sight in front of you. Karna...he had...shoved his own lance right through him. He let out a short grunt before then ripping it out, only further staining you with his blood.

You just stared at him with wide eyes. "...K-Kar...na..." He dropped the lance before collapsing right on top of you. You couldn't move, your eyes almost refusing to look down at him. "H-Hey...Karna..." There was no response. You let out a shaky breath. "K-Karna...please respond. Even...just move a little...a small noise...anything...tell me you're okay...please..."

As if almost coming back from the dead, he raised his head, lifting up to his knees. He heaved out a heavy breath, before wiping at his mouth a bit. It didn't do well to clear away the blood there, but he had genially tried. "...Karna...what...?" You tried to speak, but soon just found yourself at a loss of words.

He let out a cough, before clutching onto his chest. Something seemed to snap in you as he did, your sense of realization starting to finally hit. You sat up the best you could. It was rather difficult, considering the male was still practically on top of you. You were able to scoot out from under him after a moment. "W-We have to close the wound." You whispered.