Enduring Pain

You quickly payed for Karna's clothes before making your way out of the store. Servants could somehow magically change from their battle clothes, casual outfits, or whatever else they wore within an instant, so you didn't need to worry about Karna taking the time to change again. When he materialized next to you, he already had the outfit on.

"See how nice this is!" You gushed, linking arms with him. "Now you can walk with me, instead of always taking spirit form."

"I suppose so." He agreed.

"Of course it is, now c'mon, follow me!" You beamed, tugging him along towards the nearest ice cream shop. He had first insisted on not trying any, but once he did, it seemed that he couldn't get enough. In fact, he wanted you to stop at the same ice cream shop at least three times in the same day. By the fourth time, your stomach was beginning to hurt. "Ugh, Karna I don't think I can eat much more." You groaned, staring at the cone in your hand.

"How could you resist such a sweet taste? If I knew this stuff existed, I would have already stocked up."

You let out a small giggle. "Yeah, I don't think ice cream existed during your time, huh?"

"Unfortunately." He pouted.

"Hah, bet you're glad we did this today then. You're welcome." You teased.

"Yes, I am extremely grateful." He agreed.

"I thought so— AH BEE!" You suddenly screeched, as the black and yellow insect landed on the sidewalk next to you. You had just about the biggest bug phobia in the world, so any type of insect was sure to make you jump. You threw your cone, some of it splattering on you before falling to the floor. You practically jumped right on Karna's back, sticking to him like glue. "It's gonna kill me!" You screamed.

The male glanced down at the sidewalk. "Um, master...that's a bug."

"Run! Run!" You shrieked, tugging on Karna's hair.

The lancer shooed the insect away with his foot, before looking back at you. "Are you...okay now?"

You let go of the servant, before taking a few steps back. "Heh...sorry, I'm just kinda jumpy."

"I see that."

You looked down at your outfit. Some ice cream had splattered on your shirt as well as your face. "Shit. Did we grab any napkins?" You asked, trying to wipe the stain off your shirt.

"Here, let me." Karna exclaimed, literally grabbing your face.

"Um— You cut off as he gave your cheek a long rough lick.

"Got it." He nodded at you before beginning to walk again. Your face turned a bright red. You were just standing there with wide eyes. Karna turned back towards you after a moment. "What?"

Did he really not... You placed your hands over your face, trying to hide your embarrassment. "Um...Karna? Don't do that to anyone else but me..."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Just don't, kay?"

"Very well...but why would I let it go to waste—

"Haha, look at the time. We should probably be heading back soon."

"Yes, I suppose it is beginning to get late." The servant agreed, reaching out his hand for you to take. Once you did, he took spirit form, bringing you along with him. You soon appeared in your room at the hanging gardens. You could only hope that no one saw that. "Well, Y/n, thank you for spending the day with me."

"You don't need to thank me, after all, I was the one making it up to you."

"Hm, Indeed. See you tomorrow." He gave you a small smile before disappearing into a blue and gold mist.