Chapter 13: Devil Behind Mask

Start from the beginning

Just like Ray, he also went to the Serperior who was awaiting for him.

"This honour goes to you this year, I'm lucky that I'm giving it to you. I'll think it is my honour" he said in a respectful way, making Theos happy too.

"It's my honour that I'm the one half of the judges" he answered, but the way he was being treated better than Ray made Ray jealous of him.

"I'm also sharing the same place as him, but I don't have enough respect. Am I a joke to this people?" He thought in mind, as the Serperior showed them their respectful seats.

"This is the place from which you have to judge the how the Pokémon battles. And as per his abilities, beauty of battle, and passion, you'll give him points. There are buttons here which will show the points on that screen" they told the both of the judges, and they obeyed him.

"Hope we'll do great" Randy wishes Ray, but Ray's jerk behavior made another mark for him.

"Maybe, I don't think some shiny Umbreon can take that great responsibility. This people surely are fools" he answered, making Theos a little angry, but somehow he kept himself calm.

"Very nice...." Randy answered without watching at him and went to his seat.

"How can I get proof that way? I need to stare him more. He looks some smart, so it won't be that easy" Ray thought, but if he says no he'll only remember the guy named Scott.

"So ladies and gentlemen,
As per the schedule, the first match is between two poisonous Pokémon,
So first, please welcome our first contender, he's the natural disaster!!!
Dwayne the Breloom!!"

Exploud yelled as the Breloom entered the arena with his grace in actions. He looks very impressive and powerful. It looked like he'll be a tough cookie.

"And next..
He is deadlier than poison, he is nightmare of any Pokémon, people call him...
Drake the SEVIPER!"

As Exploud said Seviper, a different shiver of aggression entered into the body of Ray, even if he try to be kind, his instincts won't let him be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randy's POV

"A Seviper and a Breloom? It'll be an awesome match!" I told him, but his eyes were locked in the Drake. Like he's thirsty for his blood.

"Hey Ray, are you okay?" I asked.

"Uh... Yeah I'm fine. This match will be a good starter for the tournament" he answered, but it looked like he has another intention in mind.
He's an hypocrite.

Well, it's not his fault. Seviper and Zangoose hate each other in an extreme level. So, he might be controlling himself?

I thought in mind, as the ring sounded which took me in consciousness.

"Take this!" The Dwayne tried to strike first with a mach punch but Drake easily avoided him using his rope like body.

It had the beauty of his own.

"What a trash Breloom, can't even hit a first strike. What a shame" Ray started cursing him. His intentions aren't really good.

"Ahh!" Dwayne got a poison fang from Drake, as the grass type collapsed on the floor, while the viper Pokémon was enjoying the view.

"Now even if you try the all strength of yours, you will faint in some time. So I'm the winner from now" Drake laughed happily, as Ray kicked our table several times.

"Hey, don't be that angry. We're judges, and our work us just to rate the match. We'll take your rivalry later" I told him, but he suddenly gave me a intimidating look.

"Uh...Huh" I just remained silent for some while.

*Ring Ring*

Suddenly, the bell rang. When I wasn't watching, Seviper already took out the Breloom with incredible quickness.
He has a great potential to fight!

10 points

5 points

"What, I really did nice. But still 5 points? Is it because a Zangoose is rating me?" Drake was sad for this, but I'm not the one who gave him 5 points?

"That was ugly performance man, using your poison to faint someone is an ruthless trick so I'm giving 5 points. Now shut up and don't cry" Ray hissed on mic, and told him his place. But it's not a way to treat a Pokémon.

"Well, it's not written in any rulebook that you can't use your poison, so I'm giving your 10 points. I want to see more of you man" I appreciated him for his smartness. But Ray wasn't happy with my decision.

"I'll take him.." he said something but I didn't get anything.

"It looks like, there is no proper chemistry between judges"

It gave a new topic to talk to our audience

To Be Continued...