chapter 8 - getting caught

IM BACK!!!!
(Finally felt motivated again so here's another chapter 😊)

Mysterion POV:

I jump forward in the effort to try and punch Chaos but he with his powers he summons a strike of lightening and vanished. God dammit, he isn't going back to his lair so might as well call for backup. I click on my watches screen and press the call button on two contacts.

"Toolshed, Mosquito do you read me?" i asked into my watch.   "Yes sir! What do you need us to do sir?" they replied.  "I need the two of you to meet me at the elementary school, I have a feeling Chaos is planning something."  "Rodger that sir I'm on my way." They both said at the same time. 

Chaos what are you up to this time? Wait who's that, a hooded figure appeared and was talking with Chaos. Shit I'm to far away I can barley hear anything their saying. But who is that with him, I tried to get a closer look but there was no way of identifying this person. Whoever they were knew had to hide themselves with gloves and a mask, I was trying to get closer to hear more of what they were discussing before hearing a crunch.

I quickly turned around and pulled out my gun from my belt.  "WOAH BOSS ITS JUST ME."  It wasn't anyone it was just Toolshed. I put my finger to my lip in a motion for him to be quiet. It was to late though Chaos had seemed to hear his yell and turned around. Luckily we ducked and we covered our mouths. We were hiding in the bushes on the left side of the school, to our advantage there was some snow piled up so it would be harder for both us and them to see us.

Chaos then turned back around and leaned in closer to the hooded figure. I motioned for Toolshed to get up but not fully stand up. I was kneeling down and he was to next to me. "Where's Mosquito?" I asked,  "Sorry boss but I don't know where he is."  Toolshed replied. 
I turned back around to look back at the schools roof but Chaos and the hooded figure had disappeared. "Oh shit, come on we can't lose them!" I got up and started running Toolshed following behind me.  "Boss what about Mosquito??" He questioned, "I'll send him out location but right now we need to find Chaos!"

"What about Mosquito?" We both stopped running and looked around before looking up and seeing Mosquito up above us.  "Sorry I'm late there was a...problem"  "Don't let us happen again we could've been dead by now."  Mosquito only nodded in response.

"Now Mosquito I need you to pick me up and fly me around town, we have a Chaos and supicous figure on the loose and we need the high ground." I ordered,  "Sir what about me?" Toolshed questioned while pointing at himself.
"Do some spider-man shit with your tape measure on the street lights and keep an eye out on the streets and alleyways." With that Mosquito picked me up with ease and we took to the night sky, while Toolshed ran off into the streets.

We flew for awhile before finally spotting something, I pointed on where Mosquito should land and with our ear pieces told Toolshed where to go. We landed and I was right Chaos and the hooded figure were the ones I had saw. They were once again on another rooftop and were talking. We hid in an alleyway down below in between the building they were on. Toolshed then showed up and came and hid with us.

I could hear a lot better of what they were talking about unless an occasional car or two passed by, it was something about a necklace and a gem. What could Chaos want with that? Unless the gem ha— I was cut off by the yells of Mosquito and Toolshed, as they covered their mouths and pointed at a feral cat that had scratched up Toolshed's pants.

I face palmed myself and then heard Chaos.  "Aw why don't you look at that it's Mysty, the bug, and the Tool!" He exclaimed looking down at us.  "Hey my names Mosquito! Bitch!" Mosquito added. With that Chaos jumped down and we backed up and into the street, Chaos and the hooded figure appeared out of the alleyway.

"Chaos you said you were confident no one would follow us!" The hooded figure yelled at the Chaos.  "Professor Chaos makes no promises my friend." 

Friend? He must have some kind of connection with this person.
"Chaos enough, we are here to stop your plan!" I said while putting my foot down.  "Sorry Mystery Boy, but I have no idea if what plan you're talking about" Chaos grinned.  "But even if I was planning something, how do you plan to stop me?" Chaos then summoned a strike of lightening and completely demolished and knocked down a street light.

The hooded figure stepped back and went behind Chaos. "Don't worry I'll handle the three musketeers you just stay here my dear friend." Chaos then stepped forward and pulled out something from behind his back. "You see this Mysterion?" He held up some weapon,  "I can use my power to charge it and with enough electricity in it, it can simply...stop a persons heart and result in their permanent end.." Chaos laughed and my eyes grew wider, I could die, i would just come back anyway but it's to much of a risk for Toolshed and Mosquito.

I look behind me and quickly grab the two and yell to run. With that Mosquito grabbed me and we took off to the sky and Toolshed pulled out his tape measure and was about to swing to the closest buildings roof. "Hey where do you think you're going Tool Boy?" Chaos then pointed his weapon towards Toolshed, as he was about to go Chaos aimed at Toolshed and fired. Toolshed yelled and then fell to the ground and Chaos walked towards him with the hooded figure. "Hurry Mosquito! Turn around me need to go back for Toolshed!" Mosquito started flying faster and as soon as we landed Chaos gave me and him a smirk and disappeared with a flash of lightening.

"NO!" I yelled trying to leap forward to retrieve Toolshed or stop Chaos from leaving, but I was to late.  "Sir what are we going to do?" Mosquito questioned.  "We're going to get Toolshed back, call the team to base we need everyone."

Words: 1106