"Sorry...I can't...remember anything."

Eleanor's eyes drooped from sorrow.

I knew the moment I saw this young lady that she must know me. I saw her reaction, and it was honest.

She even cried upon seeing my daughter.

That's why...I took the courage of speaking to her. Because I know that she might be able to help me remember.

"I see...d-don't force yourself...its better to take your time. Sota said that it will be bad for you if you force yourself to remember your past, things will go south if you do so."

My eyes went to Eleanor.

Seeing her crying, yet trying her best to assure me that's okay, breaks my heart. She reminds me of someone I seemed to know, but I have also forgotten who.

Who could it be?

"Everything will be alright, my lady."

Frozen in my place as I hear another familiar voice in my head. I shut my eyes
as the throbbing in my head became even more painful. "I wrote you another poem."

A poem...

"Y-your majesty, are you okay?!"

Eleanor rushed to my side. She held my arms and stayed beside me, staring at me with panic, worry, and concerned.

"P-poem...did someone gave me a poem?"

I saw how Eleanor paused. She gulped, looking away. I know she didn't want to tell me. But I still want to know. "Tell me, Eleanor...does someone used to give me-"

"Zeke Yeager."

My mouth went shut upon hearing that name. Yet again, tears won't stop leaving my eyes. Zeke Yeager...As I stare into nothingness, I slowly remembered him.

Poems...companion... comfort...friend.

"Where is he...?"

Eleanor's lips trembled. She looked down, her eyes turned dark from guilt.

"T-the day you disappeared...you were with him..." My hands began to tremble, the aching of my heart became even more painful, yet I couldn't bother with it.

I'm scared to know.

Zeke Yeager...he's my friend. He's someone who comforted me when I felt so lonely...

"Mr. Zeke Yeager died on the same day you disappeared."

--

(Third Person Point-of-View)

Erwin jumped off his horse.

He fixed his robe as roamed his eyes around. There are no other people around the imperial palace, only the soldiers, and the servants who have been waiting for their arrival.

"Welcome back, emperor Smith."

The blonde man only nodded to those who greeted him. He looked back and saw princess Keiko's carriage approaching.

He kept his eyes on the princess' carriage until it stopped. Erwin made his way towards Keiko's carriage.

The princess' servants and the soldiers gave way to him. Keiko smiled as soon as she saw Erwin who opened the door for her.

"Be careful. Your dress is long."

Erwin offered his hand to the princess, and helped her get off the carriage.

"Welcome back, your highness."

Keiko greeted their people after they greeted her. She held onto Erwin's arm as they made their way inside the palace.