i.

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

she goes from one addiction
to another,
all are ways for her to not
feel her feelings.

THE RAIN BOUNCED AGAINST BAMBI'S WINDOW and thunder rumbled outside. the girl had been trying to go to sleep for the past hour but no matter how many sheep she counted, she couldn't drift off.

she had thought about going into the living room and getting in bed with JJ, which always helped her relax. she was warm in his arms, and even though they had shared a bed over a hundred times, she felt safe.

she hated loud nights like these, the thunder made her want to curl up in a ball and stay in her bed for the rest of her life. it put her mood down.

deciding that trying to sleep was useless, the girl slipped out of her bedsheets and walked quietly out of her room. even though Kie and Pope weren't there since they had gone home, she made sure to be quiet. whilst John B was a heavy sleeper, JJ was the complete opposite, if one noise came from her feet, he would be awake.

John B had stopped her from smoking in her room since every time he walked in, the smoke made him unable to see where he was going. he thought that was a reasonable answer but Bambi thought he was just being dramatic.

so she didn't make a sound, she opened the porch door slowly and closed it quietly after her. if she wanted to smoke, she would have to do it outside and a little bit of rain wouldn't stop her.

she cuddled her legs into her and sat on a large chair that was facing the dock. the waves she surfed a couple of hours before looked tiny compared to the ones that were being built now.

she sparked her joint and took a drag, the toxic substance immediately relaxed her and took her mind off of the sleep she was once craving.

smoking calmed her, that's mainly why she did it. if she didn't start smoking as early as she did, she was sure she would have killed everyone in the crew, even though she loved them, they could get really annoying sometimes.

she started into space as she took drags of the joint, she let her mind get lost in her thoughts whilst the joint warmed her body up, making her also forget about the warmth she had inside.

when she felt the seat sink beside her, she didn't need to look beside her to know who she had woken up accidentally, she already knew.

"—you want some?" she asked, holding the half-smoked joint out in front of the blonde and he didn't hesitate to take it off her, "i didn't mean to wake you, thought i was slick with it."