xxii

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

you can not change a beginning
that began in the past.
you can end it and start a new beginning
that begins now.

CHANGE WAS SOMETHING THAT MOST people were familiar with, whether that with a change in the weather, a change in a school test or a change in a whole lifestyle.

normally, Bambi's day would consist of waking up, sitting in the chateau living room smoking a joint until John B woke up and then they would meet up with the pogues so they could go on whatever crazy adventure they had planned.

now, she would wake up wrapped in JJ's arms and as soon as they were both awake, they would both get ready for their day at work.

Bambi had to be out of the chateau for as many hours a day as she could. with John B gone, she was probably going to be on Cheryl's radar a lot more and this time, John B couldn't be the distraction.

she worked in a small cafe that wasn't too far from JJ's work and she finished before him most of the time so after that, she would go over to him and stay with him until his shift was over.

her work was a cute little job, she enjoyed it for the most part but the only bad part was it being it being on figure eight. a place where most kooks decided to spend their lunchtime.

seeing her standing there, serving them, most of the time brought a shock on their face and a conversation to bring up as they ate their food.

she knew she had to ignore it though, no matter how mad it made her and she also knew JJ was going through the same problems which was ironic considering they were in a relationship.

Those were mainly the things they would talk about when they both arrived back at the chateau. usually, it turned into one of them swearing that the next time somebody says anything they will explode but it never happens.

Bambi put on her best fake smile as she brought plates of food to a table, wishing them a good meal and day.

she made her way back around the counter as the door opened so she could serve whoever walked in but her smile soon turned into a frown when Ward Cameron walked in, Rafe beside him.

she bit her cheek, trying her hardest to not immediately shout at them for being the reason her twin brother was dead.

they walked over to her and she saw Ward's face drop when he saw her. he knew she didn't like him and he also knew that she was the only person except for him and Rafe who were on the airstrip, and also alive.