xxiii.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

we didn't even realise we were
making memories, we just
knew we were having fun

THE POGUES WALKED OUT OF THE WRECK after going there to meet up and decide on a plan for how they were going to clear John B's name. Bambi walked in with a smile on her face, greeting Kiara who was finishing up with work.

her mood had made a significant change since she found out that John B was in fact alive and not dead at all, it was almost like she was a new person and just knowing she was happy made JJ happy.

Bambi walked over to Kiara, Pope and JJ following behind her. Kiara was cleaning a table and hadn't noticed the pogues arriving.

Bambi placed her hands on Kiara's shoulder, shaking them slightly and saying 'boo!', trying her hardest to scare the girl.

Kiara wiped around straight away, jumping slightly and groaning when Bambi folded over, unable to contain her laughter.

"that is not funny!" Kiara threw her hands in the air, rolling her eyes, "your lucky i didn't accidentally hurt you."

Pope came up behind her, JJ by his side, "she's been acting giddy all day, i don't know what's up with her."

Bambi turned to look at him, placing her hand on her hip, "am i not allowed to be happy that i found out my brother is alive?"

Pope shook his head teasingly and let out a chuckle, earning a middle finger from the girl and a glare. she knew he was joking so she didn't get hurt from anything he said.

"we need to figure out a plan to clear John B's name and i think i have the perfect one," JJ spoke, everyone turning their attention to him.

Kiara nodded, wiping her hands on her jeans, "let me just go and tell my mom i'm leaving and then we can go to the dock, okay?"

the pogues nodded and watched as Kiara walked past them to tell their mum, Bambi jumped up on a table, and took a seat, kicking her legs.

once Kiara came back, she walked past them, telling them to follow her and Bambi jumped from the table so she could walk beside JJ.

her mom who was on the balcony outside shouted over to them, "hey, Kiara, i need those setups done by five!"

Kiara carried on working, not looking back, "there are other people that work here."

"but ain't none of them my children!" Anna teased, making a chuckle leave Bambi's mouth.

"i feel that, on a deep, emotional level, i understand that." Pope related.