xvii.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

your my nemo,
if you get lost in the great ocean,
i'll find you, no matter how
long it takes.

BAMBI SAT IN THE BACK SEAT OF KIARAS
dad's car as Pope drove back to the chateau with Kiara beside him in the passenger seat.

she had her window rolled all the way down and watched the world go past her in the blink of an eye as she was deep in her thoughts.

she couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happened today and it didn't help that her pounding headache that wouldn't stop kept her mind on things.

she had been out with Pope and Kiara getting things so they could get the gold and ever since she walked back to the group, she had been more quiet than usual.

"so we gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning," Pope told the pair, pulling into the driveway of the chateau.

"okay, well we gotta focus." Kiara nodded, using the controls in the front of the car to put both hers, popes and Bambis' windows up.

"i know, it's going to be fine." Pope reassured her, all three getting out of the car, "we got John B and JJ inside the well and me and Bambi up top. you and Sarah will be outside transporting."

Bambi walked to the back of the car, pulling down the boot whilst the pair spoke about whatever they spoke about.

when she was quiet, she became oddly observant and she didn't miss the small glances that Pope had been stealing from Kiara all day.

lights lit in the garden of the chateau and the trio turned to each other with confused faces, "what the hell?"

over in the distance, the group could see a pool and as they looked closely, somebody was in it, "who the hell is that?"

"have we been reverse robbed?" Bambi raised an eyebrow, walking through her garden.

as they got closer, Bambi's heart dropped when she realised who it was and what exactly had gone on with her garden.

her eyes widened as she took in the view of a drunk JJ sitting in a hot tub, sunglasses on the top of his nose and champagne in his hand.

"what did you do, JJ?" Pope gasped.

"i got a jet going straight up my butt right now." JJ let out a giggle, filling up his glasses with champagne, "y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? sauld!"