09 She Can't Love You

"Why would she take a bullet for me?" she shrugs as she continues eating ice cream. Nandi is sleeping in my bed while Lindi and I are sitting in my living room.

"She said it herself, she loves you."

"I think it's a bit early for love, don't you?"

"For some people, it is but for others, it isn't."

"It makes me want to pull back, maybe."

"Because you are scared, that you might be in love as well, and that's scary because of what happened last time?" I nod. "You are not in love. You like her, that much is true but you do not love her, at least not yet." She says before shoving a big spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"What happens if I do?"

"Then you love her, you finally found someone you like, enjoy that and wherever that journey leads. Don't ruin a good thing with your overthinking."

"Fine. What's going on with you and the Crown Prince?"

"He apologized for how he reacted. He said that he did not convey his emotions to me properly and of course that made me worry that we were over but he said that we can figure it out, together and shit."

"Did you tell him about the transplant?" she shakes her head "Lindi!"

"He said that he is okay with a future without kids."

"Is that what you want?"

"No, but I don't want to die, either."

"You have to make a choice."

"I will, I just want to enjoy now, he wants to take me to Greece to apologise properly for his behaviour."

"I love that man."

"I do too, that is my fine ass hunk of a Dutchman." We laugh before we finish watching Survivor. She is staying with me to help take care of Nandi. The doctor said it is at least six months until she can use her arm fully and we have three months left.

"Where are you going?" She is lying on the bed, watching The Housewives of Beverly Hills.

"I need to speak to someone."

"Dressed like that?" she means in a leather jacket and black jeans.

"I am taking my bike."

"You ride a motorcycle?" I nod, if she has not seen it yet, that means that she has not searched my house. "Why are you so cool and sexy?"

"Oh please. I will be back soon, okay?" she nods and I take my key and head to the garage.

"Can you bring me back some dunked wings?"

"Okay, you take it easy." she tends to want to clean my house and not stay in bed watching TV.

With her living in my house, I would have thought that I would be spending more time with her but I am not. I rarely see her, which annoys me that I can barely make time as I am constantly working, and with the shooting, there is more work than I would normally have.

I am trying to keep my clients and artists calm and also scrub the internet of any trace of the shooting.

Shoot me and I might have let it slide, but shooting the girl I have feelings for, makes me feel some type of way, so I am outside Piet's house.

Three knocks before she opens the door. "Hello? You..."

"Where is he?"

"He is upstairs, why are you here?"