30 - LEVII'S JEANS

It has been a few months since my Angel came out. In the time since that moment, I have been planning our engagement. We have spoken about this, she wants something private and intimate.

That is what I wanted too, however, I also wanted it to be memorable. So I had to wait for the school holidays so that way the entire family could come to Paris with us.

I invited Lindiwe and Harald and they sent their regards, they are tied up in a situation, which I understand. They do not have flexible schedules.

Her parents are coming with us, I already asked for her hand in marriage and they agreed. We have gotten to know each other better in the past few months.

They are a lovely couple and so different to what I saw growing up. Their love and commitment are what helped me get over my fears surrounding marriage.

The first few days are dedicated to travelling, I want her to be surprised and also have many memories of this trip. So we spend the first few days, being tourists and the kids take pictures of everything. They must be excited to show their friends all that they get to see.

The past few years have been a major adjustment for them and seeing them happy makes me happy.

Today is the day. We start with breakfast with the entire family before we all head to the mall, Tshidi suggested, I told her to, and she suggested that we get dressed up as we are getting an unrestricted, guided tour of the Louvre.

Nandi loved the idea and was thrilled that everyone was excited to enjoy paintings with her. I know this moment is special to her because we will be around her first and true love, painting.

As the tour starts, she lets go of my hand to focus on each painting and listen to the guide while also sharing everything she loves about every piece we see.

After an hour, the kids complain, as they are supposed to, so I suggest that everyone head back to the hotel, I will stay with my Angel and finish the tour.

I asked to be led to The Wedding in Cana by Paolo Veronese. As we get to the painting, the guide gets a phone call and they ask to be excused.

"You know, we could just steal it, now that she is gone." She turns her head and glares at me.

"Don't you dare." I raise my hands step back and allow her to get consumed by the painting again. I check to make sure that the photographers are in position.

I get on one knee, I wonder if she will say yes. What if this was all a mistake and she hates me?

"My Angel," she turns around and stares at the ring, I know she is speechless, it is a modest ring but it has a purple diamond and she loves purple. "It has been a journey and a half for us but for most of the journey, I have felt that there is no one I would rather live for than you. Will you allow me the pleasure of being your wife?" She blinks before furiously nodding. I get up and place the ring on her finger and she lets out a scream before the tears start falling.

"Nkoe, this is the ring I wanted, how did you know?"

"I asked around."

"How did you get it?"

"I asked around." She smiles and joins our lips. "I love you."

"I love you more." She pulls away to stare at her ring and I am happy knowing that she loves it. "Nkoe," she expresses and I know exactly what she means, she is surprised, pleasantly and happy that I made the effort. "Baby,"

"You are worth it all and more." She looks up into my eyes and for a moment, she sees beyond me. She finally noticed where we were and why I chose this place.

"Nkoe," out of breath she holds onto me, "How long?"

"A few months."

"Nkoe,"

"You deserve it, baby, you deserve the entire solar system." Tears fall from her eyes and she rushes to wipe them but I am faster. My baby is happy and loved and she knows it, what more could I ask for?

My phone rings, which annoys me but it is Tshidi.

"Yes."

"What did she say?"

"She said yes, we are coming there."

"Hurry!" I hang up and place the phone back into my pocket.

"Tshidi?" I nod.

"I would love to stay longer but we have a dinner to attend."

"Dinner?"

"Celebration for our engagement."

"Engagement party?" A nod. There is another surprise for her when we get there. We took a few more pictures before we left for the party.

I texted Tshidi when we were in the elevator. We walk hand in hand to the ballroom. She opens the door first and immediately lets go of my hand to cover her mouth.

I called all of her friends and got them all here for this. I wanted her to enjoy the night with her friends. I walk in and nearly missed the sight of my best friend because she is not supposed to be here.

"Lindi!" I rush to hug her. She wraps her arms around me, it truly has been forever since I have held my best friend. After a moment and a half, I pull away and notice the bump on her stomach. "Ohhhhh!"

"Surprise." She says with the biggest smile on her face and Harald behind her gladden as well.

"I am so happy for you," I say holding her hands and pulling her in for another hug. "It finally happened," I whisper to her.

"I know." A few tears fall from her eyes. "We are growing into our lives."

To think about how far we have come from the little teenagers who had nothing to royalty, loving relationships and happy families. We are living in dreams our younger selves could never dream of.

I love this for us and I can not wait for the future and what it has in store for us.

**************
Until Next Week.