Chapter 28

Savannah's POV

It's been a week since Alex showed up, it's less than three weeks before the merger and work has been hectic for me.

It's not easy juggling motherhood and work, Tony and I aren't really on a sweet ride at co parenting but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

He and Alex don't really talk much, most of their conversation is always business related.

I'm getting off work early because of mom's family dinner is today, Samuel won't come because he came home three days ago and left yesterday, said he had exams to do.

I'm meeting Tony at the parking lot because he's dropping me off, I quickly gather my stuff and head out.

I spot Tony leaning against his car with his phone in his hands, I walk up to him "hey"

He looks up and quickly locks his phone and outs it in his pocket "hey, come on we're gonna be late" he says opening the door for me as I step in and he goes to the driver side and get in too.

"What do you need all that for"? He asks pointing at my bags, it's just two.

"It's Friday remember" I say trying to make him understand, realization dawns on him as his mouths forms an 'o' shape.

I always stay the weekend at the mansion so every Friday I pick a few clothing for Rhys and I.

We arrive at the mansion and we go inside, everyone's already there except Alex.

The dinning table is set, dad's in his study so Tony goes to meet him while I set my things down and ask Mom about Rhys.

"He's upstairs sweetie, he's asleep"

I pick my bag up and go over to drop them in my room, I decide to check on Rhys too as I step inside his room.

My little prince looks so cute sleeping, I don't want to wake him up so I just stroke his cheek, I turn around to leave and I'm surprised to find Alex standing at the door staring at me.

"Hey" I breathe out, he walks close to me and looks at Rhys

"Hey, he's asleep" he states, I just nod my head.

"Mom asked me to call you" he says standing in front of me, I look up at him and I see him, the Alex I fell in love with, the man that'll always have my heart.

He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear making my heart beat extremely fast.

"I missed you, you know" his says his breath fanning my face, he's so close that if I move an inch our lips might touch.

I don't say anything, I just stare at him. My brain is working at an usually fast pace.

"Alex" I breath out in a whisper "we should go" I say

He just humms but doesn't move from the way, his eyes trained on my lips. My cheek are probably red from extreme blushing.

"Alex" I whisper again and it seems to snap him out of his daze as he take a step back.

"Yeah, we should go" he says putting his hands in his pocket and walking out.

What just happened? I breath in and out and try to compose myself before going downstairs.

The rest of the evening I can't help but notice how distracted Alex is, he just played with his food and left before desert.

Said he had something to take care of

________________________________________

It's almost two weeks now since my little encounter with Alex at the family dinner, it's been a game of cat and mouse between us.

Neither of us has acknowledged the attraction still brewing between us, there's been a few heated moments between us, a few glances stolen at each other.

Tony and I still talk but I can't help but notice how much we've grown far apart, now it's just about Rhys or work between us.

Alex has been getting under my skin making me all hot for no reason, messing with my head without telling me what he really wants.

He wants me to make the first move, and me being me I'm not ready yet so we're just stuck on playing this little cat and mouse game.

I'm walking to his office now, I need a file for work.
I knock on his door and I hear a low 'come in'
I open the door and walk in to see him sitting down his hair fallen on one side of his face.

He always manages to pull this badass look effortlessly.

"Hey Savvy" God I missed him calling me that, I just smile and stand in front of his desk.

"I need the file for the William enterprise contract" I say putting my hands on the table and bending slightly.

His attention aren't even with me but rather on something else, his eyes are looking elsewhere and I snap my fingers in front of his face.

"My eyes are up here Alex" I say rolling my eyes at him

"Oh I know where your eyes are Savvy" he says cockily with a smirk "I just like the view down there" he says looking between my face and my boobs.

I roll my eyes at him "the files Alex"

"They're in the second cabinet, the last one on the left" he says relaxing back on his chair.

I move to the cabinet in the office and start looking for the files, but they're not there.

"Alex I can't find it" I say and that's when I hear his voice so close to my ears his breath fanning my neck and knocking the air out of me.

When did he get up?
"They're there Savvy" he rasps out

He stretches his hands and pull out another drawer and bring out the file in looking for, now I'm forced to turn and take it.

I turn and his extremely close to me that I can feel his toned chest press again my body.

I can't move back because there's no space to move back, I'm trapped between him and the cabinet.

I look up to see desire in his eyes, lust and want.

I gulp loudly and bite my lips.

"Don't do that Savvy" his husky voice hushes out making me pool with desire.

"Do what"? I whisper bitting my lips again

He brings his hands and free my lip from my teeth "that, unless you want me to do crazy shit to you right now" he says huskily.

He gently strokes my cheek and I'm lost in the river of his eyes his head is coming close to mine.

I want to break free from this reverie but I can't, I'm frozen.
I can feel his breath all over my face and his lips brush against mine lightly.

"Fuck Savannah" he rasps before crashing his lips on mine.

God I missed this so much, I quickly wrap my arms around him as I pull him closer to me.

His hands go round my waist and one of it grabs my butt tightly making me moan as his tongue swiftly enters my mouth.

He feels so good that I don't know I'm not breathing until he breaks the kiss.

"Fuck I missed you" he speaks caressing my swollen lips

"I missed you too" I croak out

"I have a lot to tell you Savvy, and I will after the merger I promise" he says before his lips find mine again.

I don't know what this means for us, but I sure as hell don't want it to end.
I missed the butterflies his kisses used to give to me.

Let me enjoy this till after the merger, whatever he wants to tell me after the merger might change things for us, maybe for the good or bad, I hope it's the former because I don't think I can go through the pain of losing this man again.

What do you think?

The book is coming to an end and you'll be surprised what he has to tell her at the merger.

Anyway, Alex and Anna are back yayy ☺️☺️😩