Chapter 18

Tony's POV

Give it to Samuel to not get a filter for his mouth, yapping about the goddamn trial in front of Savannah.

Seriously I need to give him a good ass whooping sometime, now she's more on edge than I'd like her to be.

Truly I had wanted to tell her about the trial but not so soon and not under duress.
The trial is about that shit head Allan, it's been months and we've been on it ever since the incident, it dragged on for this long because of Alex's absence, he was supposed to testify against the bastard weeks ago but his sudden disappearance has hindered the trial for this long.

Now the only other person qualified to testify against Allan is Savannah and I promised I'd never let her see him again but I don't have a choice as it is.

If she doesn't testify, then that bastard will win the case because she's the only solid evidence we have against him.

I intended on telling her about it later today after the dinner but Samuel had to go and drop the bomb like that.

I wonder who even told him about the the whole trial, little shit couldn't keep his mouth shut.

We're driving home now and she's been silent ever since the whole trial talk thing at dinner, I hate when she gets like this.

She isn't even sparing me a glance, I know she's curious to know what is going on and she's pissed I didn't tell her and she had to hear about it from Samuel.

We arrive home and she just go out the car without even waiting for me to get the door for her.

I get out and trail behind her until we're both inside the house, that's when she turns around to face me with both hands across her chest and her glare as solid as a rock but also as adorable as a cute puppy... Okay focus Tony.

"Start explaining" she spits out

I sigh and just look at her for a second before I give her an explanation.

"The trial Sam was talking about isn't really something I wasn't gonna tell you about, honestly I wanted to"

"Then why didn't you and what's it about"? she asks

"Because I didn't want you to worry and I intended on telling you after we came back from the mansion" I explain

"You didn't want me to worry" she asks confused and I just nod my head "tell me, does it have something to do with Alex"? She asks this time with worry concern a look I know too well, longing.

I shake my head before speaking "no it doesn't, actually it's something about you" I brace myself for the questions.

"Me? How? Did something happen at the office"? Please don't panic, i pray silently in my mind.

"Anna....." I really don't want her to know about this, especially not with her condition

"Talk to me Tony" she pleads with her eyes

"Its about Allan and what happened that night" I rush out hoping she doesn't freak out, she's quiet and it gives me the go ahead to keep talking.

"He's been on trial since then and we've been trying to pin him down with something that'll make him do time in prison, Alex was supposed to testify against him weeks ago but since his disappearance the case had ran cold with no tangible evidence"

She takes a step back as I take one forward on instinct

"Why didn't anyone tell me this"? She asks looking visibly hurt "why am I always the one that has to find out something about my own life last"? Her voice trembling.