***

Two or three days passed and I haven't talk to Taehyung, or see him, at all. It was a Friday morning and I was walking through the hallway. Lessons haven't started but I was already wishing for school to end so that I can lay on my bed all day and only wake up on Sunday.

I dragged my feet to my locker, feeling a little sick and nauseous.

"Hyejin ah!" Someone called me. It was Mina.

I weakly smiled at her, "Oh, hey."
"Are you okay? You look pale and sick."
"Nothing, I just have a slight fever," I said.

"Ah... Get well soon. I just need to tell you that, I might be..." She paused and looked on the left and right before continuing, "I might confess to Taehyung after school today."

"Jinja? (Really?) Good! All the best!" I wished, happy for her.

"Thanks! I need some encouragement from you~ and please give me some advice, Master Hyejin," she teased and wrapped her arms around mine.

I slightly chuckled. "Just do it and have confidence. It's the first time you're ever confessing, isn't it?"

"You do know me well. I hope he'll accept me. I'm so nervous," she said, sounding all excited.

I faked a smile.

"Hyejin... you really look so unwell. Let me bring you to the medical room," Mina said and looked at my face, worried.

"Anniya... I said I'm fine. Let's go to class now," I said and dragged her along to class.

Lessons past and I was getting weaker and weaker. I rested my head on the desk for half of the lessons.

"Are you okay?" Seojun asked me.

I nodded. Suddenly, the bell rang. It was break time. Everyone stood up and rushed to the canteen. I slowly got up from my seat.

Mina came towards me while everyone already left.

"Yah... why are you so sick today?" She asked me as she felt my forehead. "Your temperature must be really high..."

"I'm fine, I'm really fine," I said and wiped the sweat dripping on my forehead.

"You're sweating, your mouth is dry, you're pale. You are really sick..." Seojun said.

"I SAID I'M FINE! GET LOST!" I raised my voice at them, pushing them aside.

I walked a few steps, a little tipsy. My vision started to get blurry and my legs got weaker. Suddenly, I fell to the ground and blacked out.

***

I slightly opened my eyes and my head hurt. I adjusted my vision to the brightness of the room and I saw two figures exiting the room I am in.

Who is that? Where am I?

I looked around and I recognised the bed I am laying on. I'm in the medical room. I slowly sat up and wore my shoes. I felt a little weak, but I really wanna get out of the room.

I almost took a step out of the medical room when suddenly I saw two people whom I recognised - Taehyung and Mina, standing outside, talking.

I quickly took a step back quietly and hid behind the wall, trying to hear what they were talking about.

"Taehyung... I have something to tell you," I heard Mina spoke.

"What?"

"Actually I..." she paused, I peeked outside and saw her clenching onto her skirt tight, being all nervous.

"I like you."

My heart dropped hearing those words come out from her mouth, eventhough I already knew about it. I waited patiently for Taehyung's respond. I saw his face got blank.

"So... I know it's awkward but can I be your girlfriend?" Mina bravely confessed to him.

Before he could answer her, my stupid foot accidentally kicked the table behind me and the vase that was on it toppled down and broke into pieces.

Their attention turned to the medical room. "Hyejin?" I heard Taehyung called me.

Shitshitshitshit.

I quickly removed my shoes and jumped back onto the bed.

They both rushed into the medical room. "Hyejin?" Mina called me. She gasped at the broken vase.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked.

I tried to not pant and calmed myself down. I stared at the both of them, then I looked down.

"I don't know, that table must be shaky so the vase dropped. Why am I here, I wanna go home," I said and sat up.

"You fainted in class just now. I'm glad you're awake now. Me and Taehyung were told to ensure you're fine. You can go home if you want to," she said and patted my back.

"I wanna go home... now. Bring my bag over," I said.
"Okay, I'll go get your bag. Taehyung you stay here alright," She said.

"Nononono I'll get the bag," he said but it was too late because Mina already left.

The room was filled with an awkward atmosphere between me and Taehyung. I stared down at my fingers and he looked away from me.

"Why are you so sick?" He suddenly asked me and my heart skipped a beat.

"Uh, I don't know," I replied.

He suddenly looked at me, then he sat beside my bed. I gulped. I got nervous and moved an inch away.

"Is that why you're avoiding me?" He asked me.
I looked back at him, puzzled.

"Huh? What?" I said, pretending to be clueless.

"You heard Mina confess to me right? You're avoiding me so that you won't hurt Mina right? You're starting to like me, aren't you?!"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled at him and covered my ears, my eyes got teary, "I don't like you! Don't spout nonsense!"

He stared at me with cold eyes. "So why must you avoid me? Tell me."

Mina suddenly entered the medical room. I quickly wore my shoes and grabbed my bag from her.

"Thanks," I said to her and rushed out of the medical room, heading home.

***

I finally reached home and ran into my room. I threw my bag on the floor and searched my drawer for some medicine. I swallowed anti-biotic pills and lay on my bed, exhausted.

Without me knowing, tears fell from my eyes.

How did Taehyung read my mind? I need to hate him. I can't be nice to him, I must avoid him, at all costs.

I sighed, closing my eyes, and tears continuously rolled down my cheeks.

I'll get over you somehow, Kim Taehyung.