398. Pure Talent

They hold a party after Palu caught a Seaking for them. Maverick is still in shock after seeing a man actually kill a Giant Seaking with just a punch. Even when Mantis serves the Seaking's meat to him, Maverick only looks at it in disbelief.

The Clown Pirates are doing their usual party by dancing and singing happily. They don't look like people who have just gotten cured of poisons and had painful stomach aches just a few minutes ago. Well, they are abnormal, after all, so it's not that strange.

"What's wrong, Maverick? You don't feel hungry?" asks Buggy while drinking the alcohol they made themselves.

"We-well, I ate a lot just now," says Maverick, still with a shocked expression.

"You need to eat more, that's a woman's portion you know," says Buggy.

"Huh?" asks Maverick confusedly.

"What you've just eaten was a woman's portion. A man needs to eat more than that. Just look at them," says Buggy while pointing at the boys who eat like hungry beasts.

Maverick gets even more shocked seeing how much they eat. The stronger they get, the more food they need to supply their daily energy. Although well, Luffy still eats more than them, that guy is just a glutton.

The curious Maverick finally takes a bite of the Seaking meat after Buggy persuaded him. Once again, he gets shocked by the Seaking meat taste that can only be described as insanely good. Of course, Mantis's cooking skill is an important factor, but the Seaking meat itself is high-quality meat.

If not for him being full, Maverick will ask for more Seaking meat. But his stomach has reached its limit and can't take more food. So he can only watch the Clown Pirates eat the Seaking meat happily.

Maverick was quite shy at first, but he gets closer to them quite fast. The Clowns being as they are can make people comfortable quite fast. They don't even try to be fun, they are just being open to their feeling and people with the same frequencies find it fun easily.

After the party goes on for a few hours, the Clown Pirates heard that Maverick is good at using the bow. So they want to see it by using some targets to test his skill. They start from 10 meters target and keep increasing the distance.

Maverick keeps hitting the bull's eye even after the target is placed at 800 m and only stops after that because his arrow can't reach that far. It's the Clown Pirates' turn to be shocked now because it's very difficult to do even using their advanced sniper rifle without the help of a scope. But Maverick did it only using a wood bow.

"Maverick, do you want to try using our weapon?" asks Buggy out of curiosity.

"You have a bow?" asks Maverick excitedly.

"Not a bow, we have some types of long-range weapons called guns. Dani, show them to him," says Buggy.

Dani nods and takes a pistol, an assault rifle, and a sniper rifle. Then Dani shoots them one by one at a tree close to them. Maverick is surprised by how loud the guns are, but he gets even more shocked when he sees the damage on the tree.

"W-what kinds of weapons are those?" asks Maverick with a shocked tone.

"They are weapons sought by many people in the world. Do you want to try them?" asks Buggy smugly.

Maverick nods furiously because he really likes long-range weapons. He tries the pistol first and his first shot is obviously a failure. A strong gun has a strong recoil too, after all, very different from his bow.

The Clown Pirates think that it will take a while for Maverick to succeed, but he actually succeeds in his 2nd shot. Now, they are truly surprised by how good he is at handling the gun. He keeps shooting the pistols to shoot targets at long distances and the Clowns only help him insert the bullets.