353. Ope Ope

Just a day after The Clown Pirates left East Blue, the Barrels Pirates arrive on Minion Island. They will meet the Marine to sell the Ope Ope Fruit. The price that they set is ridiculous. 5 billion Belly and the Marine agreed to it.

Well, considering what the fruit can do, that price is acceptable. That price is also the reason why Barrels Pirates become very careful now. They move stealthily at night and will make the transaction in a hidden location.

However, they are just a strong North Blue crew, which doesn't mean shit in this world's ranking. So even if they move very carefully, they are still getting tracked by the ones who want to steal the fruit. Just like in the original story, Corazon steals the fruit from them.

Then just like the canon, he runs away from the pirates, but then he falls on a cliff. The Barrels Pirates managed to chase him and attack him. But Corazon manages to escape despite getting shot many times.

Corazon then arrives in his hiding place and then 2 children come out. One of them is a boy while the other is a little girl who looks younger than the boy. Both of them have white marks on their skin, but the boy has more white marks than the little girl.

The boy is obviously Law, while the girl is actually his little sister, Lami. Different from the canon, she survives the extermination and escaped with Law. This is a change that occurred due to Buggy's action in the past when he warned Law's father of Amber Lead. It didn't save everyone, but one more survivor is better than none.

Corazon shows the Ope Ope Fruit to Law & Lami and asks Law to eat it. But Law is still skeptical about the fruit and even if it can cure the disease, he prefers his little sister to consume it rather than him. But there's a strong reason why Corazon wants Law to eat it rather than Lami.

"You have more medical knowledge than her, so if you eat this fruit, you will be able to save yourself and Lami. This fruit won't immediately heal you, it will help you to heal yourself. So your medical knowledge is needed," says Corazon.

"He's right brother, you have learned about this disease with father, so you are the one who can save us," says Lami while panting.

Her disease isn't bad as Law's, but she is younger, so her body is weaker. That's why she is in a worse state than Law right now. But Law is still unsure of what to do and it makes Corazon impatient, so he forces Law to eat the fruit.

After Law ate it, Corazon sighs in relief and falls on his back. Now Law & Lami can see that there are many bullet wounds on Corazon's body. Law intends to use his new ability on Corazon, but Corazon tells him that he can't do it now because he needs to understand his fruit's ability first.

Corazon then asks Law to send a secret letter to the Marine that will make Doflamingo gets arrested. Law doesn't like Marines, but he knows that there are doctors in the Marines. Those doctors will be able to save Corazon, so he leaves to send the letter.

Lami stays with Corazon because she is too weak to run as fast as Law. So she stays there and waits for her brother's return while sitting beside Corazon to keep herself warm. Corazon wraps his coat on Lami's body even though he also needs it to stay warm.

Sometime later, Law to returns with a Marine soldier that carries him. But Corazon is very surprised when he sees the Marine who comes. Of course, it is Vergo who comes, just like the canon.

Corazon doesn't know Vergo because Vergo has entered the Marine before he joined the Donquixote family. But Vergo knows Corazon because the family always informed him of anything. Corazon realizes his true identity quite fast, but it's too late already.

Vergo then reads the letter that Corazon wrote for Marine. The letter will surely endanger the Donquixote family if it reaches the Marine. So the angered Vergo attacks Corazon and the kids, but Corazon can protect the kids despite all his injuries, and he can even run away from Vergo with them.

After losing them, Vergo calls Doflamingo and informs him about everything. Of course, it angers Doffy who immediately uses his Birdcage technique on the island to prevent Corazon from escaping. With nowhere to run, Corazon finally gets found by Doffy & the gang, but he has hidden Law & Lami in a chest.

Corazon uses his devil fruit to block the sound in the kids' hiding place. So Doffy & the gang won't hear him & his sister at all even though they are very close. Doffy orders Corazon to pass the fruit, but Corazon refuses and tells Doffy that Law has eaten it.

Angered by it, Doffy intends to kill Corazon and takes out his pistol. But then he hears a rustling sound from a tree near them. Everyone looks there and sees someone sitting on a high branch while looking at them with an amused grin on his face.

However, none of the people below are amused by this man's presence. There are only shock, disbelief, and even fear on their faces. Who they see on top of a branch is none other than 'Clown Lord' Buggy, an Emperor of the sea that is feared by even Marine.

"What's wrong? You can continue, I'm just a bystander," says Buggy while grinning.

Everyone stays silent for a moment before Doffy finally asks, "What are you doing here, Clown Lord?"

"Am I not allowed to be here? Wow, sorry, I don't know that. Is this your territory, pinky-boy? Woah, you must be a big shot in North Blue to even have a territory," says Buggy with a sarcastic tone.

Doffy gets angered by Buggy's mockery, but he holds himself back. He knows that Buggy isn't an opponent he can take lightly. Doffy has never seen Buggy's capabilities himself, but knowing that even Marine is afraid of the man is enough for him.

Buggy looks at them all who stay silent and clicks his tongue. "Tsk, I guess you don't like talking normally with people. I'm already pissed that I can't get the Ope Ope Fruit, so I wanted to talk with people, but you all just ignored me."

Everyone flinches when they hear that Buggy came here for Ope Ope Fruit. They have guessed it, but hearing the confirmation from the man himself gives a different feeling. It makes them unsure of what to do because now they have a strong competitor to get the fruit.

Buggy suddenly disappears from the branch and appears right beside Corazon. He doesn't have any speed ability, but he is very fast that no one there can see his movement. Doffy's forever-hidden eyes get widened the most because now he can see the vast difference in their power.

"Hmm, you are in very bad shape, huh? You will die if you don't get treated soon. Manba, patch him up, I need him to tell me where the kid who ate the fruit is," says Buggy.

Everyone wonders who he is talking to and they get surprised when Manba suddenly jumps down from another tree. The fatty checks Corazon's condition and treats him without questioning anything.

"Well, fellas, I don't like being a party pooper, but I need you to leave this area. Please forget what happened here and go on with your lives," says Buggy while shooing them with his hands.

Buggy really looks down on them and they all know it very well. If it's the older Doffy who fights Luffy, he would leave while holding his anger and plotting revenge. However, this Doffy is still young and still full of himself.

Even if he knows Buggy is one of the strongest in the world right now, he never fought the man himself. Even if Marine fears Buggy, he has never seen the cause himself. He is still full of pride and believes that he can Conquer the World right now.

So when Buggy tells him to leave as if he is very insignificant, he gets angry. His veins popped out in his typical way and he looks at Buggy angrily. Doffy is almost 2 times taller than Buggy, so it looks like he is the one who threatens Buggy.

"No one can order me around!" says Doffy before sending his strongest right leg kick.

There's a strong impact, but that's it. Nothing else happens because Buggy catches that kick with his right hand easily.

Buggy then calmly says, "I never ordered you, I just gave you a chance to leave in one piece. Well, I guess you wasted it."
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 377 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 388 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)