255. Lightning vs T-Rex

As the war rages on, a battle on the side of the main group is also getting heated up. Enel is fighting the current Jack who wears a metal mask on his face. Jack is in his T-Rex form with his mask strangely becoming larger and covering his whole T-Rex face

"How strange, your mask can grow along with your face," says Enel as he holds his gold staff.

"Why are you saying that even though your clothes also get your devil fruit ability's intangibility," says Jack.

"Well, I guess you're right, devil fruit is the strange thing here," says Enel as he spins his staff.

Enel grins and hits a drum on his back, "Kiten!"

A giant lightning wolf comes out of the drum and rushes at Jack. Jack just looks at it as the wolf gets closer to him. Then when it gets very close, Jack suddenly opens his mouth and roars very strongly.

The roar is so deafening that Enel needs to cover his ears. It also has strong power and destroys the lightning wolf instantly, surprising Enel. When Jack stops roaring, Enel has some blood dripping from his ears.

Enel's ears are very sensitive because of his devil fruit. It amplifies his hearing which also affects his Mantra, allowing him to hear people from a very far distance. It is very good power and also a disadvantage at the same time.

'Damn, that roar makes me very dizzy. The stronger I get, the stronger my hearing becomes. This level of sound won't be a problem in the past. I have learned to suppress it, but his roar is very powerful. Besides, the suppression only works when I use Mantra. My strong hearing is a physical ability, so I can't suppress it like Mantra,' thinks Enel as he staggers a little.

Jack sees Enel become unstable and runs very fast to him. When Enel realizes it, Jack's tail has arrived beside his face and hits him. He flings very fast and crashes onto the wall, destroying it quite well.

"Hmm, so you are weak against loud sound," says Jack.

"So what? I bet it isn't just me who suffers from your roar. It must be a technique of yours that can amplify your roaring volume," says Enel as he looks at some people nearby who also get affected.

Many people get affected, but they're either just getting dizzy or even faint. No one has their ears bleeding like Enel, meaning that he hears far better than others. He will keep getting hurt if Jack keeps using that.

But Enel doesn't go unprepared. He knows it's one of his weaknesses, so he has prepared something in advance. What he prepared was actually a headphone which actually works.

It can play music and songs stored using tone dials inside each head. Of course, the music & songs are played by Brook's team and some time with the whole crew. The music volume can also be adjusted.

This headphone helps Enel block outside noise up to 50% and can also give him entertainment. He is actually playing the songs now with the lowest volume. But even this lowest volume is already loud enough for him.

With the music on, the outside noise gets blocked even more that Enel can almost hear nothing aside from the music. He also can enjoy the music, so he always brings it since he gets it. This headphone is very useful in many ways for Enel.

"What are you doing?" asks Jack as he sees Enel taps his left foot following on the beat.

"I can't hear what you are saying but I think you are asking about this thing. Then I'll tell you about it,..... After you died," says Enel before he flashes forward with lighting speed.

Enel suddenly appears on Jack's face and places his right hand it the metal mask. "I'll test you with this. 100 Million Volt Vari!"

Enel shoots a strong lightning attack from his hand toward Jack. The attack is wide enough to engulf Jack and it is very powerful that the floor gets destroyed. But the destruction only happens around Jack, meaning Enel's control over his ability is very high.

"I doubt it'll work but how is it?" asks Enel before he suddenly flashes away.

Enel is just right on time to evade a strong tail attack from Jack. Jack's T-Rex tail is very flexible and can even get longer a little. That's why he can attack Enel who sits on his face using his tail.

But Jack has anticipated it and rushes at Enel immediately after he finished his tail attack. He opens his mouth widely and jumps at Enel before trying to bite Enel. Of course, Enel can evade it even though he has just landed.

It's just that he is very surprised by Jack's insane speed. Jack is very fast despite having the giant body of a T-Rex. But no matter how fast a T-Rex is, lightning is still faster. Probably, light is the only thing faster than lighting.

"Max 200 Million Volt Vari!" shouts Enel as he shoots a stronger attack at Jack.

"ARGH!" screams Jack as the lightning strikes him.

"Heh, what a monster," comments Enel while smiling as he sees Jack still standing like nothing happened even though his skin is charred and the ground below him is destroyed very badly.

Jack is glaring at Enel as he says, "That's a very good massage. Hitting all my nerves while heating my body, making me very relaxed."

"The lightning power and heat that can cook your flesh is just a massage? You are really a monster," says Enel.

Lightning isn't just fast, it's also strong and hot. That's why Enel's devil fruit is considered strong even among logia type. If only the Enel in the canon broadens his horizon by going to the blue sea, he will be far stronger than that.

Just like now when he is still 19 y.o, he is already as strong as he is in the canon at 37 y.o, or at least that's what Buggy believes in. All his experience since he joined the Clowns have surpassed all those years he wasted for his ambition on Skypiea.

In the canon, Enel has become the strongest on Skypiea, and he even has destroyed Birka. So no one can pose danger to him and it stops his growth. Probably that made him bored and decided to conquer an island and then built Ark Maxim to go to the Fairy Vearth.

Well, Buggy doesn't know the details so Enel might be just an asshole in the series. It doesn't matter though because now Enel has become his crewmate. He is still an asshole, but not the kind of asshole that should be eradicated.

The fact that he can be like this means that Enel isn't evil from the beginning. He is just blinded by his ambition and dream to find Fairy Vearth. As long as someone guides him and he has people to keep watch on him, Enel will change.

Well, not anyone can handle the strong-willed Enel like Buggy. Even if they can, they might not be able to make Enel reach his full potential. Buggy can make Enel become this strong just in a short time and Enel still has room to grow.

Now, he can even match Jack, a veteran and one of the strongest members of Beasts Pirates. Jack isn't an easy opponent that will fall from his strongest lightning attack. So he will be a good stepping stone for Enel.

Enel & Jack keep fighting using their honed skills & abilities. But they still hide their trump cards because they are still trying to find their opponent's weakness. They don't want to use their trump card and risk getting defeated because they don't know their opponent's weakness.

They fight while also watching the situation on the battlefield. Buggy still fights against Kaido on the bottom floor and they are amazed by that fight. But then they see Buggy gets shot to the rooftop by Kaido's attack. Jack grins while Enel doesn't have a change of expression.

"It seems your Captain will lose," says Jack.

"As if. He was holding back before to not cause too many casualties on our side. He will be able to go all out where there's no disturbance. That means, it's time for me to go all out too," says Enel as he gets into a fighting stance.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 279 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 290 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)