290. Chaos in Marine

Sometime before the meeting of Clown Pirates and Whitebeard Pirates, the Marine and World Government are in chaos. Something big might happen because of their meeting. That's why the Marine is now in chaos, trying to prevent another big war in New World.

"What's the situation?" asks Admiral Sengoku.

"It's not good, sir. We lost contact with the fleets that were tailing Clown Pirates. It's highly likely that they have been destroyed," says an officer.

"Damn, those pirates," says Sengoku angrily.

Fleet Admiral Kong who is in the room then says, "Forget about tailing them for now. We can't lose another fleet without achieving anything. Tell the fleets that supervise Whitebeard's territories to stay on guard and report if they see the 2 Pirate Crews. We need to move immediately too before this really turns out into a war."

"We won't make it in time if they decide to fight," says Z.

"Yeah, but we can at least intercept in the middle of their battle. Sengoku will go with Garp and a few Vice-Admirals to Whitebeard's territories. Z, you stay here, prepare to move anytime," says Kong.

"Whitebeard and he brat from Roger Pirates, huh? This will be interesting," says Garp while eating his rice crackers.

"GARP! Don't talk as if it has nothing to do with you! If you have just killed or captured him back then, he won't be such a pain in our asses," says Kong angrily.

"Hmph, I don't kill kids," says Garp.

"THEN YOU COULD CAPTURE HIM," shouts Kong.

Garp just picks his nose while walking away, making Kong sigh in frustration. The others also sigh while Kuzan just giggles seeing Garp's nonchalant attitude toward the Fleet Admiral. They all can't do anything to him even though Garp is insolent because he is their strongest force.

The Marine fleets immediately set off to New World. An Admiral and 5 Vice-Admiral are sent on this mission. The Admiral is obviously Sengoku while the Vice-Admirals are Garp, Tsuru, Kuzan, Borsalino, and Sakazuki.

This formation will destroy most Pirate Crews but it might not be enough to go against both Whitebeard & Clown Pirates. They are even ready to send more fleets later. Their enemies are the old and new monsters of the Sea, so these preparations are necessary.

~Current time~

The Clown Pirates leave after finishing their business with Whitebeard Pirates. Buggy massages his hand because it is very sore after taking Whitebeard's attack.

"How is it, Captain?" asks Enel.

"Well, he really deserves the title of the strongest man in the world. His physical strength is far above mine. So if he uses his devil fruit and Haki, I might be blown to pieces," says Buggy.

"Of course, you will. Your body will split into many pieces because of your devil fruit, after all," says Magnus.

Buggy just stares blankly at Magnus before he sighs, "Magnus, big boy, that's just a form of speech. Although you are correct."

"... Oh," says Magnus in realization as he scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"Anyway, the Marine might come here anytime soon. They should've realized our contact with Whitebeard so they might send some big shots," says Buggy.

"CAPTAIN!" shouts a scout from the crow nest.

"Well, I guess they're here already. PREPARE FOR BATTLE!" shouts Buggy.

The crew scrambles to prepare their weapons.

"SCOUT, WHO HAVE BEEN SENT BY MARINE? HOW MANY SHIPS?" asks Buggy while looking up.