270. Enel's Battle

While the war still rages on, Enel's fight also still goes on. His opponent is really tough and gives him a hard time. Enel has attacked the current Jack many times using his lightning but they give little to no effect to Jack.

But Jack's attacks are also useless on Enel because he is too fast. Enel always succeeds to evade Jack's attack. Even Jack's ear-deafening roar attacks are useless now after Enel wore a headphone that blocks sound.

'This can't keep going on like this. I will be the one to run out of stamina first. It seems I need to use physical attacks instead of lightning attacks. I don't know how he withstands my lightning attacks but if this goes on I will lose,' thinks Enel.

Enel decides to use physical attacks now and just uses his lightning for support. He holds his gold staff and coats it using his A-Haki. Gold isn't a tough metal so it will break or bend if he doesn't coat it with Haki.

Jack sees Enel gets into a fighting stance while holding his blackened staff. Then suddenly Enel disappears from his spot and appears right in front of Jack's face. He swings his sword from his right side horizontally.

*BAM*

It hits Jack's T-Rex face which is covered by a metal mask. Jack's face flings to the side and he falls before sliding to the floor. That shows that Enel's attack is very strong that it can make Jack in his T-Rex form fall with one hit.

A dent appears on Jack's metal mask and a little blood drips from the mask. Enel grins because his attack worked although it only cause slight damage to Jack. But this is better compared to his lightning attacks that didn't really work.

"You change your strategy, huh? I thought you will keep your pride and keep attacking me with your lightning," says Jack as he gets up.

"I may be like this but I'm not stupid enough to keep using something that didn't work. Besides, this is not the only time my lightning didn't work," says Enel as he gets into a stance again.

The first time Enel realized that his lightning isn't invincible was when he fought Buggy for the first time and lost. Then, his loss against Cricket & Palu after he joined the crew further convinced him that his lightning won't always win.

That's why Enel trained his close combat to face situations where his lightning doesn't work. His devil fruit power isn't weak, but there are people strong enough to resist it. To fight against this kind of people, Enel chooses to use physical attacks like now.

Enel uses his lightning to enhance his speed and strength. Then he attacks Jack using his haki-coated gold staff. He has trained his staff-wielding for a long time now with Mantis's guidance and he is very skillful with it.

His fight with Jack continues and Enel starts to overwhelm Jack with his speed. Jack hasn't hit Enel even once in their battle but he also didn't get damaged by Enel's lightning. However, now Enel can injure him while he still can't hit Enel.

So Jack immediately transforms into his hybrid T-Rex form. With a smaller body, he can move faster than before. It's not as fast as Enel but he can evade Enel's attacks or respond to them by using his O-Haki.

'I didn't use this form before because my resistance to his lightning will reduce. But now he isn't using his lightning to attack so I can use this. I need to finish this fast before he realizes it,' thinks Jack.

They keep engaging in close combat and now Jack can hit Enel. He uses the moment when Enel attacks him to make a counterattack. This is the only way because he can't match Enel's speed so he can't chase Enel.

But it's enough because Jack's attacks are stronger and his body is tougher. He can inflict higher damage to Enel while Enel's attacks do less damage to him. But Enel hits him more because Enel is faster so Enel has a higher hit rate.

So now their damage is pretty much equal. But the difference in stamina becomes apparent soon. Jack still has a lot of stamina while Enel is getting tired because he keeps moving around at high speed while attacking Jack.

Jack doesn't move around fast because he just waits for Enel to attack and launches counterattacks. It is quite effective and he will win if this goes on like this. Enel needs to find a way to defeat Jack before he runs out of stamina.

"What's wrong? You need to rest? I can lend you a bed in our prison," says Jack, mocking Enel.

"You can sleep there if you want. Well, that won't happen though because you will sleep forever under the ground if I win," says Enel.

"You sure can joke even in that bad shape. It's not funny though," says Jack.

"Of course, it's not. Something serious is never funny," says Enel.

"Hmph, talking to you is just a waste of time," says Jack.

"Then why don't you attack me and silence me," says Enel while smirking.

Jack gets silent and Enel smirks, "Hah, you can't even initiate an attack and just wait for me. What a loser."

Jack gets angry and immediately rushes at Enel as fast as he can. Enel smirks and uses the heat of his lightning to transform his gold staff into a spear. He throws it at Jack as he flows his lightning on it.

The gold spear moves very fast and it reaches Jack in an instant. But Jack has a very good reflex and he can move aside at the last moment. The spear still grazes his left cheek though and it's quite deep that his teeth also get scratched.

Jack is startled by it but he gets even more surprised when Enel suddenly appears beside him. Enel is holding his gold spear and swings it at Jack's back. It's too fast that Jack doesn't have the time to react.

Enel's attack hits Jack's neck's left side and flings him quite far until he crashes onto a pile of rubbles. Jack ends up buried in the rubbles of the walls that the Clowns destroyed when they bombarded this place.

Enel is grinning now because his surprise attack worked. Previously, he moved very fast through the lightning trail left by his spear. He cladded his spear with lightning so that it would leave a trail for him to move.

"I've just come up with it but it actually works. It might not work for the 2nd time as a surprise attack against the same opponent but it'll still work for fast attacks," says Enel as he looks at Jack who comes out of the rubble.

Blood is dripping from Jack's mouth but none comes out of his cheek that got slashed. Instead of blood, a burnt mark can be seen on the wound. Another burnt mark also can be seen on Jack's neck where Enel staff previously hit him.

Enel's spear was still hot after he changed the staff into a spear. So the heat burnt Jack's wound and closed it before it bleeds. The burnt mark on Jack's neck was also caused by Enel's hot spear.

Now Enel realizes that heat can deal considerable damage to Jack's tough T-Rex scales. He grins excitedly because now he has a higher chance to defeat Jack before he runs out of stamina. His lightning's heat is more useful than he thought.

Enel immediately heats his spear and attacks Jack again. He attacks more fiercely and overwhelms Jack who is very wary of his hot weapon. The flustered Jack can't fight as well as before so Enel's attacks hit him more.

But then Jack suddenly grabs Enel's hot spear and punches Enel, making Enel releases his weapon. Jack grins and throws Enel's weapon very far. However, Enel suddenly flashes in front of him and grabs his head instead of the spear.

Enel releases his lightning at full power to Jack's body. He also maximizes the heat of his lightning. Jack screams in agony while Enel keeps releasing his lightning until he runs out of energy to use it.

Both of them fall to the floor and no one can move. Enel lifts his head a little and sees Jack's body is charred. No life also can be felt from Jack so Enel knows he has killed Jack.

His lightning broke Jack's cells and the heat cooked Jack alive. Enel doesn't feel guilty whatsoever. He is happy instead that he has won and stays alive before he faints of exhaustion.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 294 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 305 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)