chapter one hundred and twenty four

Start from the beginning

"Wait, you're mad at us too?"

"Oh honey, I stopped caring. I've been at the point Shotaros about to reach."

"Will one of you please explain?"

"You don't care!" Shotaro exclaims. "I've been avoiding you all for at least two weeks and you've only come to see me now. And it's not because you're worried, 'cause if you were you wouldn't have waited until today to show up. My guess is that you just don't want my anger on your conscience."

"Taro, we're here because we care."

Shotaro scoffs. "That's bullshit and you know it."

"What-"

"I am so sick of not feeling important to any of you. Mark treats me better than you do and you're supposed to be my best friends! I know we all absolutely adore Sungchan and Renjun, I do too. But since when do me and Hendery not even matter? You're not as enthusiastic, your smiles aren't as bright, and you don't care as much. We're always with each other because, at first, we only had each other. What's the point in calling us your best friends if you won't even be good ones?" Shotaro sniffles and turns away to hug Mark so they can't see him.

Holding back his own tears, Hendery glares at the group. "Get out."

"Can we-"

"Out."

Hendery follows the group to the door and locks it after them. When he walks back into the living room, he sees Mark reaching out for him. He tries to shake his head and just focus on Shotaro but when he feels a hand pull him into their hug and a kiss placed on the side of his head, he breaks.

Haechan takes a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. He hears voices and footsteps inside, making him a little more on edge when the door opens and Taeyong greets him with an awkward smile.

"My mom's excited."

"Should I expose you now or later?" The woman asks when Haechan enters the apartment.

She glances over at him and breaks out into a smile. "Haechan! Can I hug you?" The male nods and gets enveloped in the woman's warmth and sweet perfume. "How are you?"

"I'm alright."

"Just alright?"

Haechan laughs nervously. "It's more on the positive side. I'm just a little..."

Seeming to understand, she nods. "Got it. Well, hopefully we fix that. Me and Tae made some of your favorites. Help yourself. And I strongly mean that. I made enough of, like, the sandwiches and stuff that we could all each fifteen each. You can always save them too and feed them to your family. I mean you kids, boyfriends, and Alyssa by the way."

Haechan laughs at the womans expression and nods. "Thank you." He looks at everything at the table. "I think my kids would eat all of this by themselves."

"I don't blame them. If it's alright with you, I'd love to meet the people you keep close to you. I will feed you all and I do pay special attention to dessert."

"Mom, are you bribing him?"

"I'm being nice!"

"I appreciate that", Haechan says. "That's fine. I just have to see when my kids are ready. They're not huge people persons, though the youngest two, Affinity and Reese seem just a tad bit more social than Minjae."

"Do you have pictures?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Oh my gosh, they're adorable!" Taeyongs mom exclaims. "And your boyfriends are cute too."