13.

13 - the quiz

Although a ride had been offered to Jay by me and Edward, she chose to opt out

Although a ride had been offered to Jay by me and Edward, she chose to opt out. Citing that we lovebirds needed alone time, I had rolled my eyes at her choice of word. She did, however, promise to keep the relentless questions about our relationship to a minimum, promising to wait until Wednesday afternoon when she, Teresa and I would have dinner together.

"So, who's turn is it to ask questions?" I ask, getting into Edward's car as he picks me up, right on time.

"Mine." He informs.

"Ok, what do you want to know about me? I can't promise it'll be all that interesting compared to your life." I tell him, adjusting the car's temperature to warm me up from the outside.

"Start with the basic, simple ones. What's your favorite color?" I wonder if he's joking, looking at my choice of outfit, it's comprised of various shades of blue, the answer should be obvious. But I decide to entertain him anyway.

"Blue."

"Is there a specific shade of blue?" He asks, tilting his head to look over at me.

"No, all blues. Well, except for neon blues." I say, fidgeting with the cuff of my jacket.

"Blue's a lovely color." I began to turn scarlet, realizing he was staring into my deep eyes, like they were glassy pools, or a brilliant sea. He likes blue because of me. I switch to fidgeting with my hair instead of cuff, trying to hide my beating heart. "You've told me a bit about your music taste, what are you listening to currently?"

"Currently? Funeral, by Arcade Fire. Have you listened to them?" He shook his head, I'd have to change that. Even if they're a new band, I can't be dating someone hadn't listened to them. "Next time your in my car, or at my house, we're changing that."

"Yes ma'am." He laughs, airily. "Favorite movie?"

"I don't watch a lot of movies, I guess 10 Things I Hate About You. I relate to Kat Stratford." I happily tell him.

"If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?" He asks, stopping at one of the only red lights in town.

I have to think about that, chewing my cheek as I consider the vast globe. "I don't know, I like hearing Bella talk about Arizona. Maybe there. Oh, and of course New York City, but everyone wants to go there."

"Anywhere else?" He asks, pulling into the school parking lot.

"New Orleans. Anywhere that is filled with music I like. My mom and I have talked about traveling to Memphis for my senior trip." I say, thinking back to our brief conversations, Mom always got too weepy when we talked about graduation, so no real plans were made. Luckily it's only junior year.

Edward opens his car door, now parked next to his sister's red M3. "Aren't you coming?"

"People will stare." I comment, glancing around the full parking lot. There is already a group of people clustered around Rosalie's car admiring it, per usual.