It seems that Gaia was after Percy's sword. With that fact, he had a sudden realization. Gaia was trying to absorb the Sword of Blood, which is a relic. By absorbing a relic, she could be even more powerful.

That means the sword is currently Gaia's number one priority. She's not in full power right now, but Percy assumed she will be as soon as she absorbs the Sword of Blood.

Percy decided to play defensively for now. Gaia's patient and was willing to wait for Percy to make a mistake for her to take that weapon.

"So that's your game plan?" Percy asked.

Gaia scoffed. "It doesn't matter even if you know. My ascension is inevitable."

"I can just not give you the sword."

Gaia laughed. "And what? Beat me with your old weapon? While I kill all your friends?"

"I've beaten your children with this sword, and now I will beat you." Percy said.

"If you can reach me." Gaia said. She held her hand out. "Rise, my soldiers."

The ground trembled underneath him. At first, Percy thought Gaia was summoning an earthquake. But earthern hands erupted from the ground and clawed their way out onto the surface of the Earth.

It was the textbook definition of a faceless army. Dozens of earthern soldiers shaped like humans without any facial features climbed from under the ground.

"Souls of the damned." Gaia said. "You'd be surprised by what people are willing to offer in exchange for life."

Percy gritted his teeth. "You talk too much." He said as he waded through the earthling soldiers.

Luckily, these monsters crumbled to dust with one hit. The downside was that they moved as quick and agile as a demigod.

It took a lot of effort and concentration for Percy to not get mauled to death. The earthlings didn't have weapons, but their fists were literally rock hard.

Percy destroyed one of them with a kick to its head while he decapitated two more with a slash with his sword. He crushed one more with the butt of his sword and dropkicked another one to dust.

"Surrender and I'll make your death as painful as possible!" Gaia bellowed.

"What kind of an offer is that?" Percy grunted as he elbowed one of the earthlings. He grabbed another one from behind by the head and snapped its neck. "You're not even gonna take me to dinner first?"

"Die!" Gaia said as she sent even more earthlings towards Percy.

Line Break

Annabeth had her hands full dealing with the onslaught of monsters coming their way. It's not like they weren't prepared for a full on invasion, but they were heavily fatigued and worn out.

She'd spotted Jason flying over the battlefield while also sending some monsters away with a blast of wind. Thalia was busy coordinating with her Hunters after such a short notice.

Annabeth had previously discussed with Jason and the other campers. Annabeth carries with her a white flare. If she decides to fire it, that means that they've lost and everyone needs to retreat.

It's like their 'oh shit' button. If everything looks lost, she will have the responsibility of firing that flare.

She shook her head. Retreat shouldn't be an option. They were going to win.

At the back lines, Percy was fighting against Gaia. He seems to be outnumbered as Gaia sent waves of monsters towards him.

Annabeth had the urge to call for Jason for a lift and drop her off to help Percy, but she decided against it. Percy had made it clear that he'll take Gaia on and Annabeth trusted him.

Memories of a HeroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara