2

Percy had made a home for himself over the past year behind a waterfall. The cliff had a waterfall flowing down from it and the entrance to where he's been staying is behind it. A cave entrance that leads to a pretty nice crib. It's pretty much what you can ask for in a living place for all your demigod needs.

It's been Percy's home for the past few years, thanks to Gaia. Gaia had approached him for help and the only way he was going to succeed is by cutting all connections he had to his previous life, remaining anonymous, and doing as he was told.

The situation sucked immensely.

The waterfall was flowing rapidly, the way it was intended to be. No normal person could've entered his home but as a son of Poseidon, water is no trouble for him. He split the waterfall apart and entered his cave/home.

He went towards what he called the 'Storage Room'. He opened the door and placed the mirror he had collected neatly on a shelf. So far, he had collected fifteen of these relics, ranging from a book that's like an encyclopedia of monsters to fake chompers that can make you bite through everything (retrieving that was a traumatizing experience for Percy).

Gaia explained that the Greek pantheon, dating all the way back to Chaos, has its way with magical items. Some powers are too great for one man or god to keep, so they store them in certain items, or in other words, relics. There are numerous of them over the past few millennia, some have disappeared and some are hidden.

Percy had been selected by Gaia to find these things to prevent other forces from getting their hands on them. Gaia feared something else is rising and they were going to need everything that can help them win this time.

Percy cleaned himself up and sat down on a couch. His home was simple. A cave lighted with magical lights and just enough furniture for him to not die of boredom. Including a satellite TV.

Getting the TV installed and delivered here, in the middle of nowhere, was a long story. Percy was lucky that one of the relics happens to function similar like a generator.

If a generator was shaped like a toilet on wheels.

He turned the TV on, but his mind kept wandering back to Annabeth.

There hasn't been a moment where she didn't cross his mind. Leaving her was the hardest thing he could've done, but to save her and also his friends, he had to do it.

Something in your mind? Gaia spoke in his head.

"It's nothing," Percy muttered. He stared at his sword that was leaning against the wall in its scabbard. It was one of the relics he'd found. It was forged by Hephaestus and imbued with the power of Mars himself. The Blood Sword. The reason for that name is because of the powers and its cost. The sword is a strong sword by itself, but when it gains the blood of its user, its powers are devastating. But using it too much can drain the life out of someone.

The blade wasn't meant for mortals since its between the cooperation of Roman and Greek deities. It's similar to Backbiter, Luke's sword. It requires blood to forge two powers of the opposing side together.

I know something's wrong, Gaia spoke again.

"Even if I tell you, it's not like we can do anything about it anyway," Percy sighed. "It just hurts to see her from so far away,"

If Gaia was actually in front of him right now, she might be hugging him. It's a sacrifice for you to bear.

"I think I've made enough sacrifices in my lifetime," Percy said. "I'm going to sleep,"

Sleep well, my hero,

Line Break

Artemis was back in Olympus for a council meeting.